Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Most frustrating exchange in the world!

Email to our Facilities Dept:

Hi there, I noticed that we’ve had thermometers installed on the pillars – the one near me says that it is apparently 27 degrees, yet I am cold and having to wear a jacket. It’s not just me, everyone else is feeling on the chilled side – so I don’t really understand how it can be 27 degrees yet we’re all cold?

Thanks
RG

Reply from our Facilities Dept:

Good morning, Your request has been added to the 'Facilities Jobs List' and will be actioned as soon as possible.

If you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards,

Reply from me:

Hi,

Is this a standard reply? I didn’t really ask for an action, it was just more to point out that I don’t think the thermometers that have been fitted are accurate… and I know someone has been around this morning taking a reading…

Thanks

Reply from Facilities:

Good morning,

I shall take this request of the jobs list.

Regards

Reply from me:

Hi,

But is someone going to check the accuracy of the thermometers?

Thanks

Reply from Facilities:

Good morning,

As per your first email the entry onto the jobs list was to check the thermometers. Would you like the request added back to the jobs list for action.

Regards

I'm starting to get a little pissed by now - I was only trying to do them a favour!!!

So, my reply:

Hi,

I’m sorry for not being clear. I was just trying to point out that the thermometers didn’t seem accurate – I don’t know what they are being used for, but I just wanted to let you know that they didn’t seem correct so that you could pass the message on to whoever is using the thermometers to track the temperature.

I assume that the landlord has had them installed to monitor the air conditioning/heating in the building and use them as proof that the system is working correctly. Therefore, if the thermometers aren’t accurate, then they shouldn’t be used to monitor whether or not the system is working – and therefore the landlord would need to know that, surely?

As I said, I don’t know who is using them or what for, but it stands to reason that if they appear faulty, then whoever is using them would need to know that?

Thanks

Guess what reply I got? You'll never guess...

Good morning,

Your request has been added to the 'Facilities Jobs List' and will be actioned as soon as possible.

If you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards,

No comments: