Friday, June 18, 2010

In need of some FLUFF!

The last 3 movies that I have seen have all been kind of dark Indie movies. I did enjoy them, but it's not my usual style of film that I go for.

I watched Rachel Getting Married, which I really enjoyed. Anne Hathaway was great, the wedding/family was very hippy and kooky, and it was just very good acting and film making, though I am not an expert! I liked the fact that Kim, the main character, finally got that although she had finished rehab she was still impacting in a negative way on those around her, and went back to rehab to work through the issues with the realisation that if she didn't, she would just get back into drugs. Of course, this wasn't explicit, but this was what I inferred from the end of the movie.

That's mainly why I don't usually like this sort of film. I like the film to have some sort of resolution, and I don't always get the symbolism or hidden meanings, so it needs to be pretty clear for me to get!!

I then watched Sunshine Cleaning, which again, I really enjoyed. I thought Amy Adams and Emily Blunt acted well together, and their whole family dynamic was really interesting and well played out. There was more of a resolution in this movie, at least for Amy Adams; not so much for Emily Blunt.

Last night, Hubby and I went to see "Greenberg". We knew nothing about this film, and mainly went to see it because it was on... and a couple of other films we want to see aren't released yet... and we had a free evening.

It was a very strange and awkward film, but brilliantly acted by Ben Stiller. Great to seem him doing something a bit darker and not his usual ott comedy stuff. The girl (Greta something) was brilliant too. The whole film was just, well, awkward, which was the whole point. Again, mentioning the ending, there wasn't really any resolution at all... and it just kind of ended. But again, that was probably the point.

So - after those movies, I really need some FLUFFY stuff.

There is a ream of films I want to see - but I suspect, as usual, when I get a free evening, they will have finished their run. I want to see Letters to Juliet, Killers, When in Rome etc. etc. but next week I am BUSY.

My company are sponsoring a rower who is trying for a spot in the GB Olympic team for 2012, so for our team meeting in July, we are all being taught how to row in an 8, and then we're going to have races against each other. My training spot is on Tuesday. I am very anxious. Last time I was in a proper rowing boat was at school and I was terrible and ended up in the water.

On Thursday night, my in laws are coming to stay for a few nights (they have Wimbledon tickets for the Friday).

So, no free nights next week at all. Oh well. I guess I'll just have to wait for them on Sky Movies!

In other news - gym tonight. Aiming for 10k again, and will do the arm bike at a higher level.

Then I shall be cooking brownies to take to our friend on Saturday.

Then I shall be watching the England vs. Algeria game as it's an important one and I haven't seen any football so far!

In other other news - I ordered my Book Keeping ICB course yesterday. And I made several scary phone calls relating to a big project I am working on.

No comments: