Friday, June 25, 2010

BIttersweet

Well, yesterday was kind of a bittersweet day.

I had an all day team meeting offsite, so, knowing that there would be cakes etc. availability, I bought some blueberries to snack on.

It was all going okay, I supplemented the blueberries with some water biscuits that were also on offer, as our meetings ran on til gone 1:00 and I was STARVING.

Lunch was a bit of a disaster and it all went downhill from there really. The offerings at lunch were: Arancini (fried), mini kebabs of mozzarella and either cherry tomatoes, or ones with courgette and sundried tomatoes. Yes, I could have just taken the vegetables and left the cheese, but I AM HUMAN with a weakness for cheese. Lastly we could have bits of chicken wrapped in bacon, which I at least tried to take the fat off.

I took an Alli - nothing, no side effects in the slightest.

Our afternoon team building activity (and I'll admit I did get the clues when I turned up at the venue which was a Chocolate Workshop...) was making chocolates.

There were huge bowls of molten chocolate, piles of marshmallows, biscuits and chocolate buttons everywhere. Just willy nilly over the table. I like chocolate, I wouldn't say it's a particular weakness of mine in that I crave it, but when it's RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME.... I was like a pig in mud. A fat pig in molten chocolate mud.

I made smores - digestive biscuit, topped with big fat marshmallows and then coated in chocolate and drizzled with more chocolate.

I must have eaten about 10 chocolate dipped marshmallows, probably more.

I felt sick, but that didn't seem to stop me - it was almost like I knew the fantasy would end shortly so I tried to make the most of it.... and I didn't even stop for one second to think of the consequences. Not one second.

We left at around 4, I was carrying a bag full of goodies that I had made.

I got home, whizzed around the house, tidying up for the arrival of my in laws - putting away the washing, getting the garden furniture out, and getting dinner started.

When they arrived, they wanted coffee, so I sat down with them, and we opened some of the goodies. I had 2.

Hubby was home late unfortunately, but we had a very nice, healthy, low fat supper. Like that's going to make the slightest of difference at this point!!!

Anyway, it was a disastruous day - I enjoyed it, but the sense of guilt is enormous and I am going to schedule in an extra long run outdoors tomorrow morning to make up for it. I then have a 5k Race for Life on Sunday... and more healthy meals planned (Father in Law is trying to be healthy but has a terrible sweet tooth as is a bad influence on me, so I'm trying to be a more positive influence on him instead).

I have time to make amends and still get a weight loss next week - but I need to work HARD this week, with no more slip ups.

No comments: