Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Butt sore!

So, we had rowing with the Olympian last night. He was very nice.

The new graduate who joined us was a bit of a hottie too.

Other than that, I caught several crabs (this is not a good thing, as it might sound. What it means is you can't get your paddle out of the water quick enough and you end up pinned backwards against the person behind you by the oar).

I don't think I was paddling as hard as other people. They all had aching arms and blisters. Or maybe they're just wusses and I am fitter than they are. Either way, my arms are not hurting in the slightest today, but my butt really hurts from the tiny wooden seat. And you'd think I'd have more padding than most down there.

It was a lot of fun though - we were in nice big sturdy boats, so no chance of falling in. It was a lovely evening as well, really warm out on the water.

I got home and had a very odd supper-breakfast. I was starving and completely over ate. I had two slices of toast, and I finished the last of the low fat granola that I bought the other day. Not good.

Weigh in this morning. Another week without weight loss. So I am calling the doctor's to make an appointment for a blood test.

Now, I know that the brownies I ate won't have helped, but the fact that I did eat them and didn't get any Alli side effects make me think that my body has a funny way of processing fat.

Meanwhile I get exasperated because I have a friend who is very overweight after having 3 babies and using that as an excuse, and now wants to lose weight. I have tried to offer advice, such as cutting out chocolate, alcohol and fat, and she says that she doesn't want to cut everything out altogether. So I suggest that she allows herself one treat day... but then she posts on Fbook about how she's looking forward to the bottle of wine and bar of chocolate her boyfriend is bringing home.

It frustrates me because I know that she could make some really small sacrifices and just get more active and the weight would just drop off her.

Each to their own though, and she's obviously saying she wants to lose the weight, but I'm not sure she REALLY WANTS to, if you see what I mean.

I am tempted to post her a link to all Jack's WIDTH posts, but she might find me...and this post!

I know it's rubbish, but I feel it's a little unfair that some people can just make a few changes in their lifestyle to lose the weight, but for me I just have to cut out everything otherwise it just doesn't come off. But then, as my parents spent most of my childhood telling me - "life isn't fair".

Perhaps I should be grateful for the fact that I have a little bit of height on my side, I have an hourglass figure, even if I'm not very good at showing it, and I am fit and healthy. I may not be slim just yet, but I am fit at least.

So - gym tonight, aiming for a 10k run, but we shall see how it goes. I have another gym session planned on Fridya, and then on Sunday I am doing one of Cancer Research's Race for Life (5k). What with that and the gym on Monday as well, I damn well better see a weight loss next week.

1 comment:

kathryn said...

You go, girl. I have to say, I'm reading backwards on your blog again and got more than a little concerned when you said something about having caught crabs....my imagination went haywire for a minute there.

I would love to see you go to someone who could seriously figure out why it's so difficult for you to accomplish your goal...since you ARE trying to freakin' hard. Seems to me that being overweight and healthy is still less likely to kill you than being thin and not taking care of yourself.

A nutritionist? Personal trainer? Endocrinologist? There's gotta be SOMEONE!