Working for one of the biggest international brands has its perks. Not many or often, but occasionally. And usually sporting related!
We sponsor the FIFA World Cup, and so we were all given a new World Cup edition Adidas football. Then an email came out yesterday with someone asking for footballs to send to our forces in Afghanistan, so I gladly donated mine to such a great cause. I hope it brings some joy and stress relief to our boys and girls over there.
Secondly, we are sponsors of the 2012 Olympics, and as part of that, we are sponsoring Greg Searle, a former Olympian, to get back into shape to row again in 2012.
Anyway, due to this association, our Marketing guys have arranged for us to all have a rowing race against each other at our big half year meeting in a couple of weeks' time. Tonight, I am going for training in an 8 with the aforementioned Olympian.
This is quite scary - not only will my colleagues see me in skimpy shorts and see how pathetic my arm strength is, but there is also every possibility that I will end up in the water. I did last time I got in a skull, about 20 years ago!
Anyway, last night at the gym, even though I REALLY didn't want to go, I managed a 30 mins stretch on the arm bike at Level 10, and then a 7k run interval training. (It actually felt very very odd for the first couple of kms switching from one machine to the other!).
Today I am being sensible with my eats, and with a late, light dinner tonight, I am hoping for a weight loss at weigh in tomorrow. I don't deserve it, but I need it. Time is running out before our USA trip.
In other news, we are, in true "us" fashion, starting to think about our holidays for 2011 - which is depending quite heavily on the baby question... and answer.
Either way though, we are thinking of a week in the Lake District with Hubby's parents - and I am actually looking forward to a week of walking/hiking followed by nice suppers in front of the fire and much playing of board games together.
I am also, seeing my friends' holiday snaps on Fbook, really wishing I was sitting by a pool somewhere with a stack of books... roll on September!
No comments:
Post a Comment