Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Just a quick pop in

Lows:
  • Managed to drive into the back of a heavily pregnant lady's 4 wheel drive yesterday. So stoopid. Much damage to my car, and a bit to hers to sort out.
  • Back at work after fantastic surprise weekend for Hubby's birthday (somewhat belated!)
  • Despite my best efforts (i.e. not much!) I did put on weight over the weekend.
  • I decided to do an experiment, as I was at a hotel for lunch and the buffet on offer was basically fried food or cheese and bacon... so I took an Alli, and scarfed down waffle fries and bacon filled flatbreads... no side effects whatsoever... so I can only conclude that I am some abnormal freak whose body doesn't work the way everyone else's does - so I guess I need to go get myself a blood test, the mere thought of which terrifies me!
  • In a French deli in Ludlow I found Speculoos a Tartiner... which is basically a sweet spread made of Speculoos biscuits (a Belgian specialiaty)... and now I keep helping myself to the jar with a teaspoon - I should never have bought it, the temptation is too much!
  • Work is mega busy...

Highs:

  • I ran 10k interval training yesterday, even after my crappy day when I didn't want to go.
  • The weekend was glorious, and we're putting together a plan for next year (if the numbers stack up, we're going to try and find a place to buy in Ludlow to then let out as a holiday let, but so we can use it when we want. It means I can indulge my interior design side and make somewhere truly bijoux that people will want to come and stay in. We found a gorgeous church conversion there already, loads of space, and sooo cheap!) It also means that we can get a foothold in this gorgeous part of the country which will hopefully facilitate a long term move there (depending on how Hubby's job goes - I couldn't bear him only coming home at weekends).
  • I'm going to take some days off to learn how to do Book Keeping and Accounts properly, so that side of things is no longer a big scary monster to me, so that I can feel more in control of our company!

No comments: