So, the official weight loss is 4lb.
I am pleased, but not jumping for joy. Not because I wanted it to be more, but because of the caveats around it.
When I weighed in last week, we had been out for a meal the night before where I had feasted on Ribs, Pulled Pork, Fries, Coleslaw and Creamed Corn. So that's got to have had an impact.
I have been tracking so closely for a whole week - not just 5 days, but 7 whole days - this is a first in a long long time for me. Unfortunately I am already BORED and started to really struggle on Monday and yesterday. Even though I have a 4lb weight loss to show for it, I'm not feeling as motivated as I ought to be.
Running wise, I managed 8k in 45 minutes last night, on the interval training programme. 4 minutes at 10 kph and 4 at 11.5kph. I was close to giving up at 6k, but pushed myself on to 8k and I feel really pleased with that. I am going to the gym again tonight (the intention is there, depends on how much work I get done).
I'm having a week of early mornings to try and get my work life back in order - I have so much to do at the moment and not enough hours in the working day (I am refusing to work late or take work home with me, although coming in an hour early, I can handle).
Anyway, 4lb loss is good. Again, I'm not jumping up and down because it could be down to the Alli, but equally (and more likely), it's because I've gone from eating pretty much what I like the week before to a strict calorie and fat intake, and that's probably the more likely. However, the Alli has served its purpose of keeping me on the straight and narrow and a reason to avoid temptation.
I averaged 1,300 calories a day and about 7g of fat a meal (some more, some less). This feels like a lot, and comparing to WW is slightly over what my points allowance would be. The treadmill says I am burning about 600-700 calories per run (do I believe this), so in theory the weight should be positively dropping off.
If I get another 4lb weight loss next week, I promise to do a bit more jumping up and down - but given that we have dinner and a night at a friends' and then afternoon tea at Claridge's when I won't be taking the Alli, we shall see - I am upping my running and hope to get to 10k interval training by the end of next week.
In other news - I loved the Lady Ga Ga episode of Glee - it was awesome, although not sure about the rearrangement of "Poker Face" for Rachel and her mom.
In other other news - Hubby and I have finally hired cleaners - we've been talking about it for 4 years... they're coming in today to do a deep clean. I hadn't realised how dusty the unseen parts of the house were until I tidied up the pile of books by my side of the bed! Quite embarrassing, but that's what they're there for. After this, we'll get them to come fortnightly. It's costing us £80 a month - which I still think is a waste of money and I ought to be able to keep on top of the cleaning myself given the lack of kids in our household, but Hubby thinks it's worth it.
Have a good hump day - all downhill to the weekend!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment