Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The Alli Experiment - end of Week 2

I had my official weigh in this morning. I have shaken 2 of the lbs I put on over the weekend, but it has resulted in a one lb gain this week.

I'm not convinced the Alli is working anyway, because on Saturday I took a pill at lunchtime, but am fairly sure that I was over my 17g of fat, and yet I had no side effects. And sorry to get graphic, but I actually had the opposite, I felt pretty bunged up until Tuesday.

Anyway, I've probably therefore wasted £100 that I spent on the tablets, but I shall keep on perservering for the next 12 weeks, and any leftovers I will keep in reserve for when I get back from hols to try and kick start the weight loss again.

I guess though, the positive things to take from this are:

  • I know that I can't fall off the wagon, not even for a weekend otherwise I will gain weight.
  • I have lost 3lb over 2 weeks. True, I probably would have lost more than this following WW alone, but following the Alli plan has made me more aware of the amount of fat and calories I am eating rather than just relying on WW points.
  • I know that I need to average 1,300 calories a day to lose weight - any more than this and I will put on. I suspected the 1,600 calories a day would be too high anyway.
  • I know that I need to exercise as much as possible - I've been averaging 3 times a week, but if I can add to this, that will help. In theory I could do 4/5 nights a week. I've been resisting that as I don't want to hate the gym even more and I don't want to be even more exhausted, but I guess needs must.

So, I need to step it up, and own up to where I am going off track. This weekend is going to be a challenge, what with picnics and meals out, but I think I can still make sensible food choices. I just need to have the courage not to be swayed by temptation, and have the courage to ask for meals to be cooked without dressings/sauces etc. (something they seem much more amenable to in the States than the UK).

12 weeks. 12lb to get me to 12st before our holiday.

In other news, I found this place where I would go in an instant if I had the £10k I'd need for the fees and flights... I've always wanted to work on a ranch...

No comments: