Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Less Alli. More Exercise?

So, after my disappointing weight loss last week, I kind of haven't really been doing the Alli thing. I stopped tracking and we all know about Thursday's chocolate and marshmallow incident. Friday was okay, and then I tried to be good over the weekend - low fat sausages on the BBQ, that sort of thing. But, I did have a few glasses of wine, some chocolates, some cheese and a burger and a half and full fat mayonnaise in sandwiches etc.

In other words, I didn't really pay much attention to what I ate, but I didn't go completely overboard (apart from the whole finishing-off-the-madeira-cake incident of Sunday night.

I did, however, do more exercise. I did a 10k run last Wednesday, then 13k on Saturday morning, 5k on Sunday and another 7k last night = 35k in one week, as opposed to nearer 20k. I also did around 50minutes on the arm bike over 2 sessions.

Whether that's the answer or not, I don't know, but this morning I weighed in with a 1lb weight loss vs. last week.

This brings the sickening realisation that I am just going to have to do more exercise. My current 20k or so a week just doesn't cut it. I hate exercise. With a passion. Crap.

1 comment:

SeattleRunnerGirl said...

Do you weight lift? (Have I already asked you that?? lol) If not, you should. Weight lifting will do more for you than running can on its own. WL will build lean muscle mass, which will help you lose inches AND burn more fat while not doing anything, since one pound of muscle burns more calories at rest than one pound of fat. Just a thought; if you're going to work that hard at something you don't love, it might as well give you more bang for your buck!