Can't stop for long. Loads on.
Brief weekend synopsis:
Guests - in-laws. After a slight drama that we had forgotten Saturday was their wedding anniversary (45th as well!!), we had a lovely day out - visited the picture postcard pretty Hambleden and took a walk followed by a picnic under a tree and a cold drink in the pub. We then cooked the best BBQ ever (our second only, and we didn't even cook the first one!!!), freshly made bread rolls, home made burgers, watermelon feta and olive salad, green salad. It was damn tasty.
Food - as above, not great. Despite my best efforts, they still brought cakes etc. with them, so while they were around and I avoided temptation, they left the madeira cake behind and I finished it off last night in a hayfever fug of misery.
Exercise - I ran 13k outside on Saturday morning and then did my Cancer Research Race for Life with my sister, which was another 5k. I am planning on going to the gym tonight as well, but we'll see how work goes as I have stacks to do this week.
In other news, my sister had a massive go at me about my husband because she said he doesn't support me (because he had dropped me off at the race and then picked me up after rather than staying and watching). I tried to explain that this was because his parents were visiting and because I had told him I didn't need him there... I didn't want to belittle her achievement, but a 5k run through the park to me isn't that much of an achievement. I don't like that she is gradually letting slip all these things about him that she doesn't like. I always remember that when she first met him, she said, in front of him, that he wasn't as funny as my ex.
I thought that she since she had gotten to know him, she liked him more, but apparently not. It's put me in a difficult position because I told Hubby because she is very outspoken and I didn't want him to feel ambushed if she ever had words with him. But I also told him because I don't know what I've ever said to her to lead her to believe that he's not a supportive and loving husband.
I am angry that I had to defend him, but also angry that I didn't defend him very well at the time. I am at a quandry as to whether or not to send an email.
I want my family to get on with my Hubby, I get that he's not the easiest person to get on with. He has opinions and he's not afraid to air them (in his family, they avoid conflict, so I am pleased that he feels comfortable enough with my family to express himself).
I always thought my family liked him and approved of my choice of husband, but now I'm wondering.
Thing is, I don't really care, because I absolutely adore him. But it's going to make life difficult at family gatherings.
I just don't know what I've said that has made her think he's not supportive of me. Who else would gladly offer to support me financially while I set up my own business? Who else would indulge my love of the USA and make sure we took one holiday there every year? Who else would support me and be tolerant of my constant yo-yoing over having kids (or not!)? Who else would support my constant battle to lose weight and make sure that I wasn't tempted by hiding all goodies away and only buying things I wouldn't like for himself? Who else would encourage me to just keep on doing everything I want to do? Who else would give me the confidence to push myself a little bit further in work, in going to the gym etc.
He may not be everyone's cup of tea, but to me, he's perfect. He is my other half. My soul mate. I just feel sad that she doesn't see that.
No comments:
Post a Comment