Friday, June 11, 2010

A little bit hmm.

I was so excited about the weekend yesterday. I've printed off things for us to do that Hubby can choose what he fancies the look of (including Kiddie quizzes for a couple of nearby castles).

I've given him a packing list including a few red herrings.

Taxi for evening meal is booked. Restaurant is booked.

Weather forecast is mixed, but there's little i can do about that.

After a good weight loss yesterday (-2lb, but not counting towards my official weigh in), I woke up this morning feeling bloated, and sure enough, have put on the 2lb again.

Yesterday I was HUNGRY all day, seriously peckish. But I resisted the urge. I treated myself to a bag of Pret a Manger's Skinny Chocolate Crackle Topcorn because it was within my calorie and fat allowances.

When I got home, Hubby was going to be late, so I whizzed around the house, bagging up the cats' food for the weekend, packing my bag and doing the washing up.

I snacked on a couple of low fat cheese triangle portions to keep me going.

For dinner I had a jacket potato, roast celeriac and carrots (no oil, bit of salt) and 2 low fat sausages (really annoyed as they seem to have gotten rid of my favourite brand now so I shall have to find an alternative), with some BBQ sauce and a little bit of caramlised onion chutney. For pudding I had a WW fromage frais and 1/2pt of milk with a teaspoon of banana Nesquik. All well within calorie allowance and fat allowance for the meal.

I came in at around 1,500 calories for the day, and I can only conclude that I definitely have to stick to 1,200 to lose weight - even on a gym day. Or else, it's the fact that I didn't go to the gym.

Either way, I was so hungry all day, and didn't give into temptation, and then seeing a weight gain I am sooo close to falling off the wagon as there is a giant Toblerone bar sitting a few metres away from me calling my name.

I'm not going to give in though, because I know that it's a slippery slope.

But seriously, folks, it's 9:50 in the morning and my tummy is rumbling. My body is telling me its hungry and I'm not eating enough, but at the same time if I eat more than I know I should, I put on weight.

I don't know how all you brave guys out there do the VLCD or have a band fitted - I just wouldn't have the strength.

I might pop upstairs and get a low fat yoghurt to tide me over til lunchtime (which is 2 low fat sausies, celeriac, carrots, turnips and 60g couscous, no sauce or dressing of any sort - I forgot!). Yum. Appetising.

Tonight's dinner will be a picnic when we arrive at the mystery location (this gorgeous B&B), and I know that today I will come in well under target for everything.

However, I will also get limited exercise this weekend (maybe a long walk if the weather is good), and will be faced with lots of scrummy food.

I don't know how I'm going to get through this without putting on more weight.

2 comments:

Jess said...

Just realize you're on holiday with your husband and enjoy it. But use the tools and habits you've been training with and make conscious decisions on what you eat. And realize you aren't going to gain 50 pounds on vacation. Water weight and fluctuations are huge.

Seriously, have fun and enjoy the time with your husband!

SeattleRunnerGirl said...

I still think that if you're eating 1,400 calories of good healthy food and you're still hungry (like real tummy hunger) that you need to give your body more fuel. Given your running workouts, etc., you should be able to up your calories and consume 1,600 or so while still losing weight. Have you tried a slightly higher-calorie intake like that, eating all whole and healthy foods, and given it 3-4 weeks to see how your body responds?

In any case, I can *feel* your frustration and I hope you figure out how to work with your body towards your goals without feeling hungry all the time, because that would SUCK.

Approach your vacation with balance - how about planning one "treat" or splurge per day, and sticking to the straight and narrow the rest of the time? That way you won't feel deprived but you won't go overboard, either.