Monday, May 31, 2010

So much to do...

This week is going to be a horrible one, workwise - hence why I was at my desk by 7:00 this morning. That aside...

The weekend was tough, but I stuck to it. We had a good day out on Saturday, seeing the map exhibit at the British Library. It was fascinating. We had lunch out - at Chop'd and I had such a low calorie, low fat salad that I had a skinny hot chocolate to follow, and no side effects.

For dinner we made a favourite recipe of ours - Delia's Morroccan Chicken and Chickpea Tagine. It's not really a tagine, but is delicious. The thing that adds all the fat was the 2 tbsps of oil, so we used half that. I had a 0% fat Greek Yoghurt and honey for pudding. Delicious.

On Sunday we were going to friends, and eating out at a pub for lunch. I thought it would be okay - I could have a salad, or jacket potato... but no... the pub offered roasts or fried fish and chips in dripping... there was some salmon which would have been okay, except I am allergic to fish.

So, I chose a starter option of ham, pickles and crusty bread - the ham was cured ham, and there was a drizzle of olive oil, but as I cut off the fat, I seem to have been okay. I wasn't very satisfied though!! I had a small tub of ice cream as we went for a walk later.

For dinner I had toast, low fat butter and marmite.

So, I reckon I was probably over calories slightly, but within my fat allowances at least.

On Monday, I was really struggling. I felt peckish all day. We went to a local village fayre and there were loads of candy floss, bbq and sweet stalls. I had nothing but a couple of bites of Hubby's burger. I had toast and marmite when we got home.

I went out and did our weekly shop, and bought lots of tinned beans and prawns for protein packed low fat lunches.

I ate blueberries to stave off the hunger pangs and snacking cravings.

For dinner we had some stew from the freezer - it would have been low fat, and I only had 2 cubes of beef in mine (the rest was all pearl barley and gravy!), but I got stomach cramps and wind afterwards - the worst side effects I've had so far.

I think I will have lost about 2lb this week. I probably would have lost this if I'd stuck to WW points as well, especially as my start weigh in was after a night of eating BBQ at Bodean's.

So, does Alli work for me? Probably not as an extra weight loss aid, but probably as a way of keeping me on the straight and narrow over the weekend.

I have no idea how I'm going to manage next weekend though. We've got a Saturday night out, and then afternoon tea with my mum in London - I don't think they would appreciate it if I rang up and asked for all low fat options. I think I'm just going to have to not take the Alli on Sunday, and just try not to go crazy - I'll eat just fruit and veg for the rest of the day I guess!

Tonight I'm going to the gym - I missed last night (we had someone coming over to give us a quote for doing a Spring Clean on our house), and I'll have to go tomorrow night as well.

In the meantime, I have sooo much work to do, I really ought to get on with it.

No comments: