Friday, May 21, 2010

Good and Not So Good

Good:
  • Last night I made delicious oven baked ratatouille. I make this a lot - it's great for dinner and even cold for lunch the next day. This was a good batch. Possibly because I used some oil and left off the cherry tomatoes. Possibly because I added herbs and some sea salt. Who knows, but it was delish.
  • I taught myself how to rehang our sitting room door last night. With the new fireplace, and when we rearrange the furniture, it really needed to open towards the wall (still baffled as to why the previous owners had it opening into the room, but there you go). Anyway, I figured out how to do it. Unfortunately the sofa still covers half the doorway until we get the new tv. Hilariously, the cats kept going to the left hand side of the door (where the opening used to be) to get out of the room!
  • Through someone else's blog I discovered SparkPeople - which I think will be the easiest way for me to track calories and fat for free! There's a link at the top of my blog... but there's also a forum. I've posted a few pictures of me at my heaviest there. There's loads of great resources there, other people's blogs, recipes, success stories, hints and tips. I think it will help keep me on the straight and narrow.
  • It's nearly the weekend, chaps!

Not So Good:

  • We had an offsite meeting yesterday and I got the munchies really bad! I ate two ginger snap finger biscuits, half a tiny box of mini Smarties, half a mini Crunchie, a mini chocolate roll, a Wagon Wheel, a mini packet of Chocolate Buttons, half a packet of Skips, 8 honeycomb, oat and chocolate crispy bites. Then I had lunch which included bread, butter, coleslaw, ham, beef and salad. I'm not very proud of the amount I ate, but I think I had to get it out of my system.
  • I am thinking about having a KFC for lunch. I haven't had a Fillet Tower Burger in about 8 years. They were my favourite. I think about having another one, but I think it might be a slippery slope.
  • I have a ton of work to do, and don't feel motivated to do it at all.

No comments: