My lunches have always been pretty much the same for a long time now. Left over veggies from the night before with a wholewheat or seeded tortilla wrap spread with low fat cheese triangles.
To be honest, I got bored of it a long time ago, but for healthy eating to stick, I need to get into a routine for it. Lately I've gotten into the habit of buying a salad from M&S, which is fine, as they have points values on, but it's a rather expensive way to go every day and the temptation is always there to pick up something "extra".
Yesterday I was in Costco and they do an Orzo salad that looked reasonably low fat (0.3g sat fat per 100g) so I picked up a 900g tub to divide up over the next few days.
However - it's 11:23 and I've already eaten today's portion because I was starving! Also, this new one - very very oily and although it's tasty, I think I can do better.
So - apart from an Orzo salad, I need packed lunch suggestions with around 5 points in total... oh, and I can't eat fish or some nuts. They also need to be things I can throw together fairly easily either in the morning, or the night before.
I've tried lettuce based salads before and they always wilt horribly and shrink down to a tiny portion by the time I get to eat them.
Oh, and btw. tummy still rumbling, so that orzo salad - not only oily, but not filling either!
2 comments:
Hmmm....lunches are a bugger aren't they! I find the best way that works for me is to double up on the evening meal the night before, so if I make veggie stew, or pasta and pesto or chilli or couscous or whatever, I make extra and use that for lunches.A wholewheat wrap with hummus and spinach is goo, plus the DW Garcia organic tortilla chips from Asda - just as nice as an m and s lunch but for a fraction of the price and far less added rubbish! Couscous is my 'go to' - espesh if you buy the whole food verison rather than that Ainlsey Harriott nonsense! goes a long way and you can bulk it out with peppers, onions, mushrooms, peas, stock cube and some lea and perrins and a (carefully pointed) bit of crumbly feta on top - delish! Totally tupperware transportable, filling food compliant AND healthy!
Hope that helps! x
Thanks for some great ideas! The stupid thing is that these are all things that are really obvious but I just need to be organised about making them! Hence why I've always just stuck with left over veggies and a tortilla wrap! Good idea about the Feta - I always just cut out cheese altogether, but it's a good way of adding taste even with just a little bit.
I think I need to get organised this weekend!
Post a Comment