Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I'm on a train..

So, after the dramas of last night (short story - gym, got home, watered garden, showered, hubby needed picking up, I needed fuel: an hour in the car in traffic to do both - argh!).

Anyway, I had a pretty crappy workout which I shall completely blame on the heat! 5k interval training, better than nothing, I know, but I was doing 6/7k last week. Frustrating.

Today has been an adventure - I left home at 6:30, weather still pretty warm, so took a chance on a skirt and short sleeved top with a light jacket - no tights!

Got to Leeds at 10:30. By heck as like, it's bleeding freezing up here! Seriously, I was cold on the train anyway because of the aircon, but the wind sure whipped around when I got off the train. Had to walk nearly a mile to the meeting so that warmed me up a bit.

Did my presentation - more dramas as every time I plugged my laptop into the projector, it short circuited and shut down. As did 2 other colleagues', which had been fine earlier. Finally the 4th one worked okay - did my bit, answered questions. Stayed for lunch - sandwiches and chips - probably the cheapest buffet option I have ever seen!

Walked back to the station and am now on the train back down South, where I suspect the weather has cooled considerably from the high of yesterday - judging by the cloud cover anyway!

Tonight is my "last supper" - we are going out for BBQ at Bodeans - the best place we've found for BBQ in London - meeting a couple of friends as well. Then tomorrow, the Alli starts.

I started to get a bit disconcerted as I looked at the diary and realised that we are out with friends/meals out pretty much every weekend between now and September... but then remembered that taking Alli was to encourage me to make sensible meal choices when we are out and about.

Having counted points for the past 12 years, looking at fat and calories in things is a bit of an eye opener - for instance, I had a 50g bag of Walkers - 16g of fat. Usually I would never eat anything with more than 3g of fat in, and it's starting to make me realise how easy it is to eat loads of fat if you're not watching everything.

So - sensible choices and trying to not feel deprived - which I think will be the biggest challenge for me. The mental battle of not feeling that life is unfair, or that I am left out or abnormal.

In other news, I had a horrid dream last night about Hubby cheating on me, only it wasn't really him, it was my ex.. but woke up with that heart broken feeling like I'd been sobbing gut wrenching sobs. Still can't completely shake the sadness, but at least I know it was a dream. Hubby's not a lying sh1t like my ex!

Anyway - I have another hour on this train, and a presentation for tomorrow morning to finish.

Will start my Alli diary tomorrow - am going to rely on a daily blog to keep me on the straight and narrow and hopefully provide me with a reference source for good weeks to motivate me.

No comments: