Friday, May 7, 2010

Coming down with something...

On Wednesday I definitely started feeling off. I woke up with a sore throat and had persistent sinus headaches all day. I decided not to go to the gym, but went home and did some bits that needed doing - present wrapping, dinner etc. I got a really early night and felt so much better on Thursday... which I spent in meetings and not getting anything done.

We then went out in town to a Megson gig, which was great. We had a lovely veggie dinner at the Green Note in Camden where the gig was (very intimate space). I had weighed in the morning, and despite a weekend truly off the waggon and then some, I managed to maintain.

Unfortunately we didn't get home and to bed til gone midnight, so waking this morning at 6:15 was TOUGH and I am again feeling pretty lousy.

I have spent the day wrestling with budgets and trying to get various numbers to add up in our forecasts etc. I haven't done much else to be honest, I haven't got the energy.

I had a 1-2-1 with my boss this morning, and again, true to form, started crying. It's getting to be a bad habit and she thinks it's her fault.

I told her I was feeling overwhelmed and out of control over my workload and like I wasn't getting to do the bits of my job I actually enjoyed doing. She said she's going to think of anything she can do to help me feel more confident and less panicky at the projects I'm being pulled on to, but she truly believes that it is not my job to do the small stuff for people and that I should be using my expertise for getting more involved in the strategic projects.

I don't feel any less stressed having talked to her about how I'm feeling. Instead I feel guilty and rubbish because everyone else seems to cope perfectly well, yet I keep having to ask for help and support.

That said, she did say to tell her if she was pushing me too much.

And instead of a relaxing weekend, I have to race home via the supermarket to get some more ingredients, and then go home and bake two birthday cakes for my niece and nephew, get up early tomorrow to ice and decorate them, then get to my sister's by half 10 to get my niece to her ballet class, and then get back to the birthday party.

We have designated Saturday night as a pizza, popcorn and tv night, and then Sunday will be a long lie in, and then a Sushi and 2 film cinema extravaganza (we have cards that let us have unlimited use of the cinema, except we have to go twice a month to get our money's worth, and we haven't been for months....)

I just hope I can fend off this cold, and then start afresh on the gym on Monday.

Have a good weekend everyone!

No comments: