I was starting to suspect this was the case as I walked through town yesterday and winced at the children who were screaming and crying and got annoyed at the ones getting in my way.
I think it has passed for Hubby as well given that in all our discussions about our future plans and what I wanted to do, kids were never even mentioned (apologies if I'm repeating myself from yesterday).
What sealed the deal was my cinema trip last night. I went to see The Back Up Plan - it was its last night showing so I figured that I might as well get my money's worth from my cinema pass. I also took the opportunity to pick up tickets for Sex and The City 2 tonight which I am going to see with my sister. (Reminder: need to look up fat and calories for Yo Sushi!)
Anyway, in it was the most horrific birth scene I've ever witnessed (apart from that movie with Katherine Heigl in). I know they put it in for comedy value, but seriously, you could hear the faces being pulled by the audience!
I've always had a bit of a phobia around pregnancy and birth anyway - the whole being broggled and having things put inside you and just generally lots of stuff I don't feel comfortable talking about... but this film just brought all the fears back and completely abolished any residual broody feelings I may have had.
So - I got home, chatted with Hubby, asked about his day - he's so excited by everything in his new job, which is great, but I think that's why he's noticing the difference about how I don't really talk about mine cos there's nothing to tell really - he seems to have forgotten the days that he came home from his old job and really hated it, and the conversation we had where he felt that he should just accept his lot and get on with it... which is great that he's moved on, but he shouldn't make me feel terrible for not having done anything noteworthy careerwise.
I'm looking forward to tonight - I'm going to squeeze in a run before I meet my sister. I have an all day meeting, with lunch provided, but I brought my own because meeting lunches tend to be sandwiches with lots of mayo and cheese, and deep fried bits that I have no idea about in terms of calories and fat.
I have so much work to do at the moment - I was in by 7 this morning - it's my week for reports and I have to rebuild them all because the agency messed up the database recoding - and I also have loads of follow ups and actions from all the presentations I've done this week. Not to mention all the other bits on my To Do list from last week. I just don't want to have to take it home to work on the weekend, but fear I might have to.
Anyhoo - the sun is shining, and I hope the weather forecast is wrong and that the weather stays good for the long weekend.
EDIT: I've just looked up nutritionals for Yo Sushi and I am going to really struggle - all the dishes have over 15g of fat in them for just one portion. It seems that the only thing I can really eat is the Cucumber Maki at 96cals and 2.6g fat per portion. I am now dreading next weekend when we will be eating out at a gastropub type place and then afternoon tea with my mum. I'm starting to realise how much fat there is in things without realising it - even the Edamame has about 6g fat in it!!
No comments:
Post a Comment