Friday, November 6, 2009

Weighed in

So. Not a great weight loss. 1.5lb. But good for 2 reasons:
  1. I only did one hour of exercise all week and did have a big dinner out on Friday night with dessert.
  2. I've lost that pesky half lb.

Last night my in-laws arrived. My hubby had said at their last visit that his father was trying to watch what he ate, so I didn't go out and buy lots of cakes and biscuits that they usually like. And I've planned a pretty healthy menu for their stay as well.

Except, they arrive, and start unloading Chocolate Digestives, Madeira Cake, and Chocolate Chip Brioche, as well as the nice tubs from M&S with Rocky Road etc. in. I feel slightly insulted really. And annoyed because it's all there to tempt ME now as well and they KNOW I struggle. I guess it just takes some getting used to - I grew up in a house with no cakes, biscuits, sweets etc. and so I am not very good at dealing with the temptation when it is there, calling to me.

Yesterday I worked from home and had a very productive day, both for work, and also for my bake sales for our local cattery and rehoming centre. Last week I raised £33 or so. This week, I already have donations of £15 and I haven't even opened the tins yet! I baked flapjack and lemon drizzle cake yesterday. I think I over cooked both slightly, but my father in law pronounced the cake perfect.

I was trying to find the best flapjack recipe - previous ones I've tried have come out too crunchy and I wanted something more chewy. I substituted some of the oats with plain flour and that seems to have done the trick.

In other news, I'm still not feeling so hot - woozy and headachey again. Still, I have a half day today as Hubby graduates this afternoon (he has a Diploma now in addition to his degree and Masters - show off!!). Seriously though, I am ever so proud of him as he worked incredibly hard to get it. Tonight we are dining out at a restaurant that specialises in pies and other comfort food. My mantra for tonight is: no booze, no starter, no pudding. No hearing the call of the sticky toffee pudding. I am deaf to its calls, it's sweet, gooey, toffee-ish calls.

Bah!

2 comments:

kathryn said...

Aw...I think that sometimes, it has to be a mental thing.

Decide in your head how you'd love to look. Picture it clearly...looking exactly the way you'd like. Would that person order dessert? Probably not. Maybe she'd just taste off the other's plate.

Will that help??

Runnergirl said...

You're probably right, although I do struggle to picture that person. I'm not a fat person who has been thin before, so I find it hard to imagine myself thin!

You are right though - she wouldn't have dessert! But I bet she'd feel miserable for depriving herself!!