Someone just asked me why I love baking so much.
I think it's because it's the one thing that I am truly good at. Ok, so it's more fluke than any particular talent, and I would never do it as a business because there are many more people out there who are so much better than me who do do it as a career and are very successful. My baking is always a bit more rustic. I'm not so good on the presentation, but the content is there.
Anyway, I also find it very therapeutic. I feel in my element when I am whipping up a batch of cookies or somesuch, and I feel relaxed and in control.
I'm kind of wishing that I had been given more of a talent and enjoyment for exercise rather than sweet sticky food though.
Not being able to bake makes me miserable. But baking makes me happy. But fat.
I'm not really sure what the compromise is...
1 comment:
I don't know what the compromise is...baking low fat??
I'm impressed with anyone who can take a bunch of seemingly tasteless stuff and turn it into something delicious....
Sigh....
Post a Comment