Hubby and I are getting very excited now as our trip to the Big Apple draws closer.
This morning I have printed off flight confirmations and our references for the Radio City Spectacular.
We have revised our itinerary slightly, and finalised most of our restaurant choices, and emailed the hotel to see if they can make the reservations for us. I haven't had a reply yet though!
Planned breakfasts - mostly the hotel, but a couple of visits to our favourite diners, the Manhattan on the Upper West Side, and the Westway on 9th.
Lunches - Pearl Oyster Bar, possibly St Mark's Burgers, Peter Luger Steakhouse and definitely pretzels from Grand Central station, and Junior's Cheesecake.
Dinners - Cafe Habana for dinner and cocktails. (our hotel does a nice cheese and wine thing every evening, so most evening meals will be snacks only as we learnt our lesson last time!)
Things to do: Shopping (lots of it!), Natural History Museum, Radio City Xmas Spectacular, Top of the Rock, mooch through Central Park, walk across Brooklyn Bridge, possibly ice skating.
A few other recommendations that we need to slot in: House of Brews, Swing 46 and just that area in general.
It's going to be soooo much fun! Just need to remember to do a LOT of walking to walk off all the food and drink!
Is it strange that we're planning our entire trip around the restaurants and bars etc. that we want to eat/drink at?!
Any other recommendations? We still have a couple of meal slots to fill.... we'd love to find a good BBQ and ribs place, but the only one people recommend is Virgil's and we've been told that's really touristy and busy.
SOOOOOO excited!
3 comments:
I am so jealous! Have so much fun.
You're gonna have a blast! Did I see Little Italy or Chinatown on your agenda? What about Rockefeller Center? I know the tree's been cut...coming in from Connecticut...can't remember if it's up yet.
Dress warmly. We're getting COLD here! (windy, too)
We did Chinatown and Little Italy last time we were there, but it will definitely be on our walking route! Glad it's getting cold.. last time we came over in December expecting it to be all snowy and we were walking around in t-shirts!!!
Post a Comment