Friday, November 27, 2009

Operation: Damage Limitation

So, having weighed in last night, and as I suspected, recording no weight loss AGAIN, my leader suggested to me that instead of trying to lose a certain amount before Christmas, I was just to focus on losing as much as I could, with the view that as long as I started the New Year where I am now, then that would be okay.

Therefore, anything I lose/gain now, as long as I stay at 12st 8lb by my first 2010 weigh in, I'll be okay.

I definitely don't want to start 2010 over 13 stone again as that's where I was last year!

This is going to be tough though, with a 5 day stay in New York, Christmas at home and New Year's at my in-laws.

However, my strategy is thus:
  • Walk lots in New York. Try and avoid the subway. No cheese with the cheese and wine evenings.
  • Christmas - shouldn't be too hard as I don't eat Christmas Cake, Mince Pies or Christmas Pudding, and we never have chocolate in the house. Therefore: don't eat too many roast potatoes or bread sauce. Don't have my hand constantly in the nibbles. Only allowed to indulge on Christmas Day. Boxing Day onwards, back to normal regime... and that includes the gym.
  • New Year's - I usually find myself just eating constantly at my in-laws, from morning til bedtime. I need to stop this. No eating in between meals (this will be my main challenge, there is a constant supply of chocolates, crisps, snacks and nuts, alcohol and not to mention biscuits at coffee (hot chocolate) time. I will also make sure that I do a few runs while we are up there - I have a local 6 mile run that I can do, and we'll be there for 6 whole days, which means I can do 3 runs.

So my pledge...

Eat, drink and be merry, but only on a couple of days.

Run, and walk, as much as I can.

Don't deprive myself, but know when to stop and say "no more".

We'll just have the evidence of my first weigh in of 2010 as to whether or not I actually stick to that... but I'm going to try.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish you the best of luck.

kathryn said...

Good girl! Sounds like you've got a plan and an excellent attitude!

You GO!

Tricia said...

Good luck with your goals!