So, because I can feel I'm not 100% I decided not to go to the gym last night. Usually I would have done in an attempt to sweat out the cold, but a friend told me a friend of hers did that and ended up needing heart surgery. Now, I don't have the strongest heart and lungs anyway, so I think I made a sensible choice.
I was hungry, but had lost my appetite, so I ended up having toast and marmite for dinner. Not the healthiest, but I think still within points at least.
I'm still feeling a little bit hazy, although the sore throat seems to have disappated at least.
I watched a really good film last night. I'd never heard of it, and it had a crappy "made for t.v." title: "Then She Found Me", but was surprisingly very good - starring and directed by Helen Hunt, with Bette Midler, Colin Firth and Matthew Broderick... I was however, slightly disturbed by how old and gaunt Helen Hunt looked in it, but I assume that was all part of the role.
We also watched Top Gear from Sunday night, and both of us were in absolute stitches! If you haven't ever watched Top Gear, even if you're not into cars, it's very entertaining. This week they had built their own car, and then had to take it through a series of tests to prove it was roadworthy. Of course it wasn't really, so they had to fudge the tests - which involved faking slow motion and pretending to film backwards. Hilarious!
Haven't heard back from our New York hotel at all about the restaurant reservations that I'd asked them to make - they don't appear to be great at returning emails it seems... will maybe ring them later.
Anyhoo. It's Tuesday. It's one day closer to our trip. It's one more day finished at work.
Hoping to feel better later...
No comments:
Post a Comment