Monday, November 16, 2009

3 days of Baking...

So, Friday, I have the day off. I am planning a big family party on Sunday (10 adults, 3 children and 1 baby). I take Friday off and spend it cooking and baking.

Saturday, I drop Hubby off at the Tube station, get home and carry on baking and cooking.

At 5:00, Sister turns up to drop off kids for overnight stay. We make pizza together, bath and have them in bed by 7:10. Finally, I can relax.

Sunday, I wake up with the kids at 6:45, get them breakfasted and dressed. Leave them playing while I consult my list and tidy up breakfast things. Sister arrives at 10:00 and takes them off to the park. I start cooking again.

Family all turns up for buffet lunch. I have made (from scratch):
  • Corn on the cob (pre-cooked and then heated through on the griddle for BBQ effect)
  • Pizza (Hubby cooked and prepared these from scratch)
  • BBQ Chicken Strips
  • Goats Cheese and Sticky Onion Marmalade Filo Tartlets
  • Mozzarella wrapped in Parma Ham
  • Moonblush Tomatoes
  • Roasted Peppers
  • Squash Rolls
  • Sausage Rolls (with 3 types of sausage used)

I remembered to get everything out except for a large bowl of Celeriac Remoulade which I shall now be eating for the next week!

We had loads left over and I ran out of freezer space and tupperwares!

I tried not to eat too much, but ended up picking on left over tartlets after everyone had gone and I had tidied up... and was starting on the baking for my weekly Bake Sale at work (in aid of Springhill Small Animal Rescue Centre (http://springhillanimals.com/index.htm).

I baked Coffee & Walnut Cake (which I hate and had to get Hubby to test cake batter and icing for flavour!), and Millionaire's Shortbread.

So - even with trying to be good, I still put on 2lb over the weekend. I am certain that with some sensible eating, and 2 long runs (aiming for 5 miles each), I should still achieve my target of 12st 6lb at Weight Watchers on Thursday.

Here's hoping!

2 comments:

Cole Walter Mellon said...

Wow, what a spread. I think I gained two pounds just reading about it...

kathryn said...

Oh, everything sounds delicious! And how nice that you got to spend time with your nieces/nephews as well. You've had a full weekend!