I'm not supposed to weigh myself every day... but this morning I had somehow put on 1lb since yesterday.
I have no idea how. I was well within my points allowance - about 4 points under in fact, and I did a couple of hours of line dancing to boot (scuse the pun!).
Admittedly I did have a proper dinner but it was healthy - chicken breast griddled, couscous and green beans and celery. How is that not healthy?!
I even passed when offered chocolate at class... which brings me on to something more positive.
I appear to have remembered how to say "No thanks" when offered anything I shouldn't really be eating. It's been a long time since I could do that with any ease. I know it's early days, and I still have my challenges, but I am definitely more in the right mind set than I have been all year.
It's still slightly depressing that I started this year weighing in at 184lb, and I have only gotten down to 177lb, but I guess at least that's 7lb off rather than another 7lb on! I just haven't had the right mindset for most of this year. It was all too easy to find an excuse not to go to the gym, or to justify eating something I knew I shouldn't. My inner voice is a subversive one, but I think it is learning that this is a good thing that I am trying to do - either that or I'm getting better at blocking it out.
So - I'm not going to let a small overnight gain bother me. I am going to be good today, go to the gym tonight, run til my legs can carry me no further, and sleep, and hope that the weight loss comes good at weigh in tomorrow night.
I have 1.5lb to lose to get my silver seven (since I restarted 8 weeks ago at this new class). I am going to get my 2lb to keep me on track. I AM, I tells ya.
1 comment:
Good girl. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.
Just do your best....that's all anyone can do.
Post a Comment