So, I actually made it to line dancing last night. I think I'm getting a bit bored with it though, because I'm picking up the beginners dances really quickly, and although I stay to the later advanced class, I can only pick up the dances if they're all learning from scratch. This doesn't happen very often. They tend to request the dances that they like and have done a lot so they don't take the time at the beginning to run through them in any detail. It's too fast for me to pick up, but I'd like to learn them and join in because they're longer and more interesting.
I picked up some sheets to teach myself some dances, but have stuck to the intermediate ones. Maybe I should make some requests myself, but they'd probably be too easy for the advanced class.
Anyway, food wise this week - it's going okay. I've been cutting back on my points and doing the exercise to try and make up for the weekend. According to my scales I haven't put on weight, but I'm still holding out for some loss on Thursday evening. I would, of course, like it to be the 2lb I wanted, but it's unlikely at this stage, unless I miraculously lose that overnight.
Another tough weekend ahead. I have Friday off as I am holding a joint birthday party for my father, sister in law and brother in law. Therefore I need Friday off work to cook and bake all the food. I have 10 adults and 3 children to cater for. We have no room to seat everyone at a table, so I am doing finger/buffet food - any suggestions welcomed!
I also need to bake some sort of birthday cake. My dad loves my brownies, so I might do 1 massive stack and get all 3 of them to blow out the candles. Then they can take any left overs home with them.
I am also babysitting for my niece and nephew on Saturday afternoon/night. I am going to make pizza dough and get them to make their own pizzas for tea. I also have Mousie Mousie as a back up toy (I used to love it when I was younger!).
On Sunday for all the kids' amusements I have some glow sticks that they can make into bracelets, necklaces, crowns, whatever...
I love being an aunt - I get to do all the fun stuff, and don't have to put up with the tantrums and the downsides of parenthood. They are usually pretty well behaved when they come to our house!
In other news, Hubby got a call last night about a plum job for him - it's not a market he's familiar with, but he could really do well at this, and it would enable us to move out of London and to a location more in keeping with our business idea. Only downside is that I might have to leave my job sooner than planned, and maybe do the business full time... what a bummer that will be! On the flip side, because he wouldn't be needed in the office every day, we could stay where we are, get the business up and running and then move. So it all could work out pretty well really. It's been a long time since I've seen him fired up about a job opportunity. Watch this space.
No comments:
Post a Comment