Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Back to it

So, I hit the gym last night. For the first time in ages. I didn't manage to talk myself out of going, and I even left a meeting I was in so that I could get there at a decent time.

I managed a 3 mile run and then about 8 minutes on the bike. Not the best workout ever, but am pleased that I pushed myself to 3 miles - it's been a L-O-N-G time since I did that distance on the treadmill.

I am going back to the method that I used last time I wanted to get up to half marathon fitness. Start at 3 miles on the flat, then add a 0.5% incline until I can run 3 miles at 1.5%, then move up to 4 miles on the flat etc. When I get to 8 miles, I shall start trying to increase the speed (I start at 6.0mph). I used to be able to add a mile a week... we shall see how I go this time.

My aim is to get to 6 miles by the time we go to New York, then 8 miles by the end of January - the first Half of the season that I usually do is in February. I haven't entered it yet, but I think I need to as I didn't enter any this year and I think that's why I lost my focus.

Hubby will be am dramming on Sundays, so it gives me something to do while he's out!

Anyway. I'm pleased I went, and will go to line dancing tonight (it's been a long time since I mustered the energy for that as well!), and then to the gym again tomorrow.

I'm hoping that with a little discipline over the next few days, I can still pull a weight loss on Thursday at WW.

In other news, my new LG Chocolate arrived yesterday, and it is a thing of wonder and beauty. Best bit so far is being able to read my emails and go on to Facebook on it!

No comments: