Thursday, July 29, 2010

Protein Part 2

So, I've finally done some research around protein and how much I should be eating.

They reckon 0.5g for every pound that I weigh, more is allowable as I am running so (!) much.

Therefore, I reckon my minimum should be 84g of protein a day.

Which seemed an awful lot of protein, but I've just done a little experiment.

I've built a spreadsheet (it's what I do!), detailing each food item, calories, sat fat, protein and points per 100g and then per portion.

And although I come in under my 20 points allowance for the day (not including the points I'll earn through exercise later), I am over on calories (1,486) and WAY over on protein (130g!!!).

Admittedly I did panic at lunchtime when a colleague suggested a high protein diet and I went out and bought prawns and a chicken and mixed bean salad. And a no fat yoghurt.

I am also having steak for dinner which has bundles of protein in.

But I reckon that on a usual day, just sticking to what I usually have - I reckon I'm getting enough protein anyway.

2 comments:

Sarahf said...

That's a lot of protein. I love that you make spreadsheets for it though. I'm always so random about diet.

Runnergirl said...

I'm not as organised about it as I probably need to be - most likely why I'm not losing any weight!!!