Friday, July 16, 2010

Not enough food, too much alcohol...

But lots of dancing!

Today I am suffering, big time. I was soooo tempted to get a MacDonalds Sausage & Egg McMuffin (yum!), but got a falafel & houmous sandwich from Pret instead. Far better?

I am feeling very fragile and already had to do tasks that required concentration.

Yesterday was a mixed day - we had a team marketing day, with lots of presentations in the morning, but then I missed the fun rowing afternoon because I was asked to go back to the office and run some more data and create some more charts for our Marketing VP. I am pleased though because I rarely get air time with him, and while it wasn't my job to do, they wanted me specifically and not the girl who would have done it (people find her a bit, um, difficult, sometimes). They knew they could count on me to just get it done, no mistakes and quickly.

It meant that I didn't get back to the evening party until 8:00 (partly my fault as I got us lost... I need to get my cigarette lighter fixed so I can use my sat nav again!!) so I didn't really get anything to eat, and ended up having a liquid dinner!!! Lots of Long Island Iced Teas (Diet Coke) and then straight Tequila and Diet Coke - better for me (!) than the calorific fruity cocktails of last week. I seem to have gone right off wine at the moment.

Anyway, I had a boogie - on my own for a while as no one else was dancing, but that never bothers me. It made up for the lack of dancing last week.

I went to bed around 1, not too late really, but am sooo just, ugh, today. I really want to go home and curl up on the sofa with a movie and the duvet but technically I am supposed to be working, and I do actually have stuff to do anyway.

In other news, I had the oddest phone call this morning - it was all automated, a robot lady calling from Dell to tell me that my new laptop (eeee) will be delivered on Monday between 8 and 1. Hubby and I are going technology crazy at the moment... I've had my camera (Nikon D3000), my new laptop... and then found out from his Facebook update that he's bought a camcorder - it's for our holiday in September.

It's odd, cos we seem to go through phases where we'll suddenly buy some stuff and then go months without buying anything other than groceries!

I hope I feel better soon - I've got to brave Costco later and I don't think I can face that feeling like this!!

No comments: