I could have stayed late at work last night. I was even considering giving myself a couple of weeks off the gym because my routine is going to be so disrupted, but NO!
I went, and I punched in the digits for my usual interval training, except the 10 kph felt quite slow, so I punched it up to 10.5.
What I didn't realise is that the machine automatically maintains the interval, so instead of going up to 11.5 kph which I had set it to, it went up to 12. I didn't notice, and punched it up to 12.5.... and then did pretty much an hour of 4 minute intervals at those higher speeds. As a result, I managed to do 10k in 53 minutes, shaving over 3 minutes off my previous time.
Although I was struggling at the end, it was no more than had I been doing it at my usual speeds. I suspect the energy came from not having done a proper run in a week, but I was still really chuffed.
I am going again tonight, can't do tomorrow, but will go on Thursday and Friday nights as well. I don't think I'll be able to do another 10k tonight, but I'm definitely going to try. If I don't make it, then I'll head on down and do some arm bike.
Tomorrow I have a ridiculously early start - I need to leave home by 5 a.m... we are then supposed to be out in the evening, drinking, but I suspect I'll start falling asleep around 9:00!! I had a later night than usual last night because I discovered that I'd messed up a stem on my tulip cross stitch - and as a result anything I'd sewn after that using that point as a reference now has to be undone and resewn. Grr. Very annoying.
I also need to start being disciplined with my evenings - I now have the course materials for my Book Keeping course, and they recommend that you do 3-4 hours study a week, so I really need to try and do an hour per night, because I want to finish it sooner rather than later.
Yesterday we booked our flights to go to the trade show in Paris in January. We are going to fly there and back in a day, rather than take the train and stay over. It's cheaper this way really, and we weren't that enamoured of Paris last time - we kind of saw all the sites in our 8 mile walk!
I want us to be in a position to be fully read up on Book Keeping and Accounts, and have all our finances in order so that we can go there and place orders for stock and be taken seriously. We were a bit amateurish last time and it showed in the fact that we still haven't got our business up and running.
Have a good day y'all!
1 comment:
You'll be ready this time, honey. and it'll be totally different from last time.
You've learned a lot and I'm sure it'll show.
Post a Comment