Monday, July 5, 2010

Where has the time gone..?

So, this time approximately 5 weeks ago, I sat here, all positive and said that I had 14lbs to lose in 13 weeks, and was so sure I could do it.

Now it's 9 weeks til we go on holiday and I STILL have 14lbs to lose.

Where the hell has the time gone, and what the hell have I been doing!?

Oh yes, a social life. BBQs, meals out, summer drinkies. Which has all been lots and lots of fun, but so much time just wasted.

On Friday I took part in a Marketing (profession) triathlon - a series of events organised by the Human Race, in aid of Prostate Cancer this year.

I did the running leg - 2.5k in 14 minutes.

I was full of all great intentions to get up on Saturday morning and do a 13k run. I should have gone out at 6:30 when I woke up, but I fell back to sleep and next thing I know it's 8:00 and I don't have time because we have friends coming over and I have to go out and buy FOOD, and pick up my CAR etc.

We had a very healthy BBQ - griddled chicken, lots of salads and fruit salad for pudding. In the evening we met up with friends in town for Mexican at Wahaca. I didn't think I ate too much as I was in sheer torture after the first bite of Pork Piibil - WAY too hot for me.

But I cooled down with a few cocktails and a broad bean, feta and potato quesadilla. So, not so healthy really.

We had an epic journey home. We missed our train by 1 minute, which was infuriating, but were then told by a train staff member that there was another train going to near to where we needed (still a taxi ride home, but not too bad), so we jumped on it....

Only to find that once on the train there was NO information telling us where it was going... and then to watch it sail gaily past all the train stations near us that we thought it was going to stop at. Turns out it was a direct train to Aylesbury (near where my sister lives, but I'm sure she wouldn't have appreciated guests at past midnight!!). We ended up getting a cab the 40 miles or so back home at great expense.... not happy, but at least we can laugh about it now!

On Sunday, I was soooo tired after going to be at 1:00 that I didn't get up and go for a run then either. I knew I should have and I felt guilty about not going.

Hubby and I went out to look for a new tv. bench without luck, then he went off to his theatre thing, and I lay in the back garden in my bikini and read nearly an entire book, and topped my tan up nicely.

We made homemade pizza for dinner, and I ate loads of chocolate Minstrels while watching a movie.

I have to focus now. 14lbs is still possible, but I need to work really hard. Which is going to be tough because the next few weeks are totally disruptive and destructive.

On Wednesday we have a team overnight and my boss is a fan of drunken team bonding - I think I might have to not drink, but pretend I am. And then get up early on the Thursday morning and hit the gym before we have meetings. Or go to the gym on the Thursday afternoon when I get back. I could feasibly get a workout in every day this week apart from Wednesday.

Next week, we have a wider Marketing departmental do. I wasn't going to drink and stay over, then I changed my mind, but now I think I've changed my mind back.

I can't afford to drink over the coming weeks. It's wasted calories, and not only that, but it lowers my resistance to temptation, and then if I'm hungover, I eat crap to feel better.

So, the drink is out. Exercise is in - I'm going to aim for 5 times a week.

8 weeks, 14lbs. I've GOT to do this.

1 comment:

carla said...

you can SO STILL DO THIS!!

gimmie a shout if you need a hand.

MizDELURKERFit