Thursday, July 29, 2010

Looking for the positive

So, Hubby and I had a deal that we were both going to crack on and be healthy for the last 5/6 weeks before our holidays. He wanted to lose half a stone, and while I'd like to lose a stone, I'll take as much as I can get.

I have been weighing on Wednesdays, but we both decided to switch to Thursdays like I used to do with WW. I wish I hadn't.

Yesterday, I weighed 12st 10.5lb. Okay, only a 0.5lb weight loss in a week, but I'm trying not to get disheartened. I ran 24.5k that week, and although not perfect at the weekend, I had been managing my points during the week, and I was expecting some sort of loss. So I thought, great, sticking to my points yesterday (although I had serious hunger aches all day), I would expect more than a half pound when we both weighed in this morning.

No. Not only had I not lost weight, but somehow I had put on 1.5lb overnight - giving me a weekly weight gain of 1lb. Back up to 12st 12lb again.

I am soooo frustrated. I know I just have to stick with it, and hopefully I'll see a loss next week, but seriously man! This is too much!

On a positive note, Hubby, who ate more than me (birthday cake), drank(I had a couple of Malibus, but he had wine and beer all weekend), and did no exercise (at all - nada, zip) - well, he lost 3lb. So he has 4lb to lose in 5 weeks. And I now have 8lb.

I just feel like crying, but I'm trying not to because the temptation to dive in a massive belly flop off the wagon is overwhelming and I mustn't let it take over me.

I know everyone is different, and I know life is unfair, but JEEZ, give me one f*cking break, would you?!

No comments: