So, according to Bob and Jillian, I need to eat more protein. And especially after exercise.
I don't really know how to do this without massively adding in points - is it better that I use my points on protein rather than carbs? Or do I need the carbs to fuel my running?
It's all very confusing and I am a bit befuddled. This is why I paid a nutritionist once upon a time, she refused to draw me up any eating plans, and just told me to eat more seeds and nuts, and a chicken breast portion was the size of my fist. Oh, and eat goji berries (which are disgusting and should never be eaten).
I could quite happily eat fistfuls of pistachios and pumpkin seeds and cashew nuts, but they have SO MUCH FAT in them, so how do I do that within points?
On and argh! I have so much work on at the moment, but I'm trying to keep on top of things because I really want to have an early finish tomorrow... and I have next Friday off to paint my kitchen. But I feel like I can't justify either of those unless I get a crack on now.
(And Kathryn reckons she's the worst procrastinator....!)
4 comments:
Have you thought about counting calories and balancing your micronutrients (carbs 40%, protein 30%, fat 30%) instead? Eating healthy fats can actually help you lose weight, not to mention it's good for you, in moderation. Just a thought!
I totally agree - it's just that I struggle to find the time to do all the sort of planning and calculating etc. that that requires - which is probably why WW has worked in the past, because it's kind of all done for you. Being on the Alli certainly opened my eyes more to fat content, and it alarmed me!! But you're right, it's the balance I need - but I find that even harder when eating out as I just haven't a clue how much fat etc. is in meals out, whereas points I can roughly calculate.
Oh, I'll outrun you procrastination for procrastination anytime!
I think you got a crappy nutritionist. The whole idea is for them to walk you thru meal plans! Something that's taylor-made just for you. I think you got gypped.
I thought that too at the time - and it's made me wary of trying to find another one - the whole nutritionist thing is a bit faddy and sporadic over here unless you pay a fortune!
Post a Comment