Monday, August 2, 2010

Oh dear, Oh dear, Oh dear

Well, it just goes to show that you should never try and guess how many points something is!

The 180g prawns I ate for protein on Thursday - my estimate = 1.5pts - actually - 2pts
The fat free yoghurt I ate on Thursday - my estimate = 1.5pts - actually - 3pts!

So - I was WAY over on Thursday - and yet, on Friday, I was 2lb down. Go figure.

I took a day off on Friday - relaxing it was NOT!

I ended up waking up at 6 and went out for a run before I could talk myself out of it. I did 13k in about 1h20m which is okay. The hill in the last mile and a half was TOUGH though.

I then showered, had brekkie, and headed off to the garden centre. Got back and went off to the cinema (more relaxing!) and saw The Rebound. Nice and fluffy and funny.

Popped into a couple of shops and managed to get a dress, shoes and bag for my uncle's wedding in August. The dress is kind of clingy, but I have a jacket to wear with it, so I think it'll be okay.

Got home and tackled the garden - chopped a load off our Sambucus (HUGE) and then planted all the new plants, did some weeding and trimmed off the dead flowerheads from the Aquilegias. Replanted 2 of the hanging baskets that had suffered the weekend we were away without any rain. Mowed the lawn (front and back).

Had just finished that and was starting on dinner when Hubby got home. Had dinner, and then made cupcakes for my brother's birthday party - DID NOT EAT ANY, apart from the bowl scrapings. Iced them, and went to bed later than planned - SHATTERED - I was busier on my day off than I am usually at work.

And I was active pretty much all day, so I think I burned off the extra points from yesterday.

On Saturday we had a pretty relaxing morning, I got the time to dye my hair and get rid of all the grey - it's given the style a new lease of life as well, although I do need to get it cut before holidays. We then headed off to my bro's for his birthday party.

We arrived at 12, expecting there to be some sort of lunch or even snacks to tide us over. Nothing. Nada. His wife was still out shopping. The kids were upstairs playing. And a couple of their friends pretty much stayed upstairs all day.

I'm still getting used to the Philippine culture - there was no hurry to get the kids fed or anything and my brother hadn't even put the meat in the oven to cook (roast lamb). We ended up picking on prawn crackers and burnt popcorn and eventually ate at nearly 2:00! Having had brekkie at 7, I was STARVING by this point, and probably ate far more than I should have done, not to mention the prawn crackers I ate to stave off the tummy rumbles.

Evenutally my niece woke up, so I got to have a little play with her. She's a bit zoned out... but she did give me a high five (she's 10months so that's pretty good), and Hubby got some good photos of her. We never really see my brother's family, and it really hurts my mum that he never takes any photos of the kids to show her, so I made sure we got a load to send over.

We left at about half 2 - we were going to go to see Toy Story, but Hubby wasn't feeling too good, so we headed home and had a relaxing evening.

On Sunday, we had a rare lie in - sat in bed reading for a while, which was BLISS, and then went out shopping. He got a couple of suits and a new iron and I got some decent Merrell walking shoes for walking through Colorado, Utah, Nevada and California in 5 weeks' time!!!

Did pretty much nothing else all day. Watched tv, did some cross stitch and generally resisted the urge to bake!!

Got my new laptop all fired up and set up with downloading photos from my new camera - even though I say it myself, I've taken a couple of stunners - will share later.

Anyway - it was a perfect relaxing weekend and just what was needed in preparation for the nightmare weeks of work ahead before we go on holiday.

1 comment:

Sarahf said...

Sounds like a lovely weekend.