So, today I'm working from home.
This is mainly so that Dell can come and pick up the duplicate laptop that they sent me (I am secretly hoping they don't come and pick it up and forget all about me!!).
It's also good because things are actually pretty quiet at work (it all kicks off next week!), and so I am going to take the time to do some personal development stuff that has been on my To Do list for ages (like the follow ups from the Influencing Skills course that I did in March!), and also to try and file my tax return - apparently it is 1% complete - this is completely new to me as I've never had to do one before, but bizarrely, now that I am registered self employed (with our business venture), I have to fill in all the details about my full time job - even though they should have all the information anyway! Anyway, I have to go and try to find a P11D form that I was apparently sent...
Anyway, working from home is always a challenge for me, foodwise - mainly because there is food there, and so the temptation is always there.
And I didn't go for a long run as planned this morning (legs still achey and worried about shin splints developing), so I need to be extra will-powery today.
So, I thought about how I was going to handle this, and I decided that every time I get tempted to go to the cupboard and look for something to eat (luckily we don't really keep any biscuits etc. in the house, but I know how to bake!!), I am going to take myself off to our long mirror and look in it, and tell myself how much better I feel at the moment, all for being a couple of pounds lighter. I'm going to feel how much flatter my stomach is, and notice how much looser my trousers are (the same type of trousers that I split the other week). I am going to remind myself that not giving into temptation is soooo worth it.
I thought I might go out for a bit of a walk at lunchtime as well - I have my new Merrell walking shoes to break in before we go on holiday, so I thought that would be a good idea - we live in an area with some great footpaths and a canal, so it's a way of getting me out and about and not thinking about food.
I am spending Saturday with one of my best friends - she knows how I struggle with food, so she knows that I won't want lots of temptation. I've told her I'm off drink as well at the moment, so hopefully I won't come back from a night away with any significant weight gain.
Control. Balance. Getting there....
2 comments:
control balance getting there and SO SO SO SETTING YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS ALONG THE WAY (she shouts :))
for me it is still all about that.
MizFit
Aw. I hope you've had a wonderful weekend, sweetie...including a great visit with your friend.
I'm hoping you'll find a strategy that works for you so you can keep moving towards your goal!
Post a Comment