Taking inspiration from this post from Jenn, I am, this evening going to attempt my own version...
I am planning on doing the aubergine a similar way - dipping in egg and then parmesan... but then I'm going to layer it with courgettes (we have some monsters from the garden that need eating), and cherry tomatoes, and then oven bake for half an hour or maybe a bit more.
I think it'll be slightly healthier too without the cheese and oil, and should be nice and filling to serve with some Orzo pasta maybe - or maybe I'll layer it with lasagne sheets - I haven't decided.
Will let you know how it goes!
EDIT: Yeah, not so good. Couldn't really taste the parmesan and egg despite the lashings of parmesan I used. Aubergine always tastes so much better when you use a bit of oil to soften it up.
Oh well.
No comments:
Post a Comment