Plans scuppered this week. Had to stay late at work on Monday, so no gym.
Had to stay late on Tuesday and Wednesday as well, and got well and truly stuck in rush hour traffic.
Hubby also working late, so didn't really have a proper dinner.
Which was probably just as well as I was mainlining home made shortbread on Tuesday and Wednesday. I still can't stop baking things that I just can't resist!
Back on track on Thursday - weigh in as expected really. I gained a pound, Hubby lost a pound and is now under 12 stone and weighing his lightest in about 4 years. I'm pleased for him, but wish it wasn't so damn easy - all he's done is cut back on his lunches slightly, cut out cheese and alcohol, isn't doing any exercise and it's just dropping off.
Anyhoo, I forced myself to the gym last night and gave it everything I could, and ran 13k in under 71 minutes. I am soooo pleased with that, but boy, did I feel like cr@p for over an hour afterwards. I felt so nauseous and just uncomfortable - like a really bad hangover where I just didn't know what to do to feel better.
Hubby home late again, and we had fresh mushroom ravioli with a big salad, which I felt a bit better after.
This morning, I weighed in at 12st 5lb, which is my lowest in over a year, so I am pleased, but anxious not to put anything back on over the weekend (we have the inlaws down).
I can just about fit into my holiday clothes, one pair of cropped jeans are still a little snug (a size 14 UK), and I was forced to buy a size 16 pair as well - so depressing to be a size 14 easy in one store, just about in another, and a size 16 in another.
I have also hijacked a pair of Hubby's petrol blue cords that he was going to bin - they're still a little snug, but hoping they'll ease on me in time for holiday.
So - countdown to holiday begins - we have 4 more working days, 3 days of weekend (Bank Holiday over here in the UK). I have a very tight fitting dress to get away with wearing at a wedding on Monday, but most of my family haven't seen me in a few months, so I am hoping they notice that I've lost over half a stone. I don't blame them if they don't, I've gone up and down so much over the last few years!
I was looking back at my diary at the last big USA road trip we did 2 years ago - unbelievably I was under 12 stone when we went - 11st 9lb in fact! I barely remember what I looked like though.
My plan before holiday is to get in another 4 runs of over 10k, to hit the 700k mark before we go away, and lose a few more lbs.
1 comment:
Sizing is really no reflection of size, is it? It's so upsetting when the size gets bigger with every store you try. I broke the zipper on my favourite jeans yesterday, so have joined the thirty day challenge on this site http://www.livesmilerun.com/
Am really hoping it keeps me motivated.
Post a Comment