Monday, August 9, 2010

Nothing to report

So, I waited in ALL DAY for Dell to come and pick up the surplus laptop.

Instead I got a delivery of some clothes I'd ordered from Bonprix which I could have sworn I'd arranged to be delivered to work. Anyway, I tried the clothes on and decided that I really need to stick to trying stuff on in shops... I'll get a refund, but I still will have paid £4 for P&P that I don't get back, and I HATE waste.

I had wanted to go out for a walk and break in my new Merrells ready for Stateside, but no. I had planned on heading over to the gym and getting a run in (although really, I should have just gone for my 11k circuit from my house first thing in the morning, but I JUST DIDN'T WANT TO).

So, I waited in all day, worked (a bit), and waited.

Nothing. So I still have 2 laptops, and you know what, this time I'm not going to ring them and sit on hold for ages, and then have to take another day working from home when I really need to be in the office only for them not to turn up. If they want it back then they can come to me!

In other news, I did no running or exercise other than shopping over the weekend. I broke my healthy eating plans (although it's all relative and I wasn't as bad as I am usually at the weekend). We had lunch at Nando's, and I had a few chips. We bought some tasty food from Waitrose for dinner, but then ended up not really eating any of it, I had a load of carrot sticks, some sour cream and chive dip (uh oh), a few crisps, and we had a half bottle of wine and I had a slice of chocolate and mint mousse cake while my friend had a cupcake.

On Sunday I had some blueberries for breakfast, and then a prosciutto, artichoke and marscapone ciabatta (with chips - I forgot to ask them not to include them!) for lunch. For dinner we had chicken wrapped in a slice of parma ham, pasta, low fat pesto and roasted veggies.

Not good, but as I said, not as bad as my usual weekend eats, so I'm running tonight and Wednesday and hope that balances out.

This week is a mad one. I'm out for a quick lunch with friends tomorrow, then going to see Wicked on Thursday (can't WAIT!), out for dinner with friends (Morroccan) on Friday, and theatre and dinner (Italian) on Saturday. This is going to be TOUGH.

I'm really bored of the running and I know I've still got 415k to reach my target, but I am SO READY to just jack it in, jack in the whole gym thing completely. However, we have 4 weeks til our holiday and then I'll be having a 3 week break from the gym, so I really have to keep it up until then.

Hubby is looking very trim meanwhile - 5lb off really shows on him, and he's got some of his confidence back (although I have to say that a 32/24" trouser is really NOT overweight. He's been getting a bit tight chested and is convinced he's got a heart problem - but at least he's booked into the docs for a check up.

Me, well, I can't wait until I lose 7lb - I need a haircut NOW - but I am booked in for a couple of weeks' time, so maybe I will have lost it by then.

No comments: