Sunday, August 22, 2010

A need for discipline

This weekend has been challenging. We were away on Friday, and despite having a healthy lunch, we then had a lovely 2 course meal at the hotel we ended up staying at. (Long story short, B&B we'd booked had a gas leak!)

Despite the meal out, and a cocktail and half bottle of wine, I made healthy food choices. Potato and Leek soup followed by Roast Chicken Breast with vegetables and pearl spelt. It was the healthiest option I could find, so I was pleased with my choices.

We had breakfast - again, I stuck to the healthier option, although ate more than I would do normally. (I should mention that I went for a 13km run first thing Friday morning at least).

Saturday lunch was with friends, I tried to be healthy and had a jacket potato with crab and salad. No cake or dessert.

In the evening, we had a buffet dinner, and I tried very hard to stick to salads, but did eat a lot of bread to fill myself up. I had 3/4 portion of birthday cake, but no more than that. I did have a few glasses of wine as well, but nothing extreme.

I know the damage has been done. I can't take it back, but this evening we have both had point free and fat free soup - all homemade, a bit of salt, but no oil or anything I shouldn't be eating. The soup will do us tomorrow evening as well.

The problem is that my gym plans are going to be scuppered. So I need to be pretty disciplined about getting my runs in. On Monday I have to pick up the cats from the cattery, but after I get back from that, I have to go out for a run.

On Tuesday and Wednesday I have late finishing meetings, but I would be able to go for a run first thing Wednesday before I have another meeting near my home, so I wouldn't need to go to the office first.

It's just going to take a lot of will power and determination to do it. I'm not sure I have that at the moment, but I'm desperate not to put the 3lb I lost last week back on. I can't do that to myself.

No comments: