Hubby was out last night. I could have gone home and just vegged out. That would have been the easy thing to do, but I also knew that if I did that, I would be likely to turn out the cupboards hunting for bad things to eat, or I would have baked. So, i decided to do something positive and I went to the gym instead.
I wasn't expecting great things, having done a long run the night before, and to be honest, my legs were still pretty tired; but I got on the treadmill, and pushed myself to do 8k. I probably could have squeezed out another 1k and I wish I had now, to bring it to a round 20k so far this week, but ho hum.
I got home, showered, put a load of washing on, and got dinner. Globe artichoke, which I peeled and ate the leaves with a little low fat dressing. Then I took the heart and sauteed it with some home grown courgette and added a couple of eggs - and stuck it on top of a bagel.
Slightly weird, but delicious, and all the necessary food groups!
I treated myself to a HobNob.
The scales - this morning... and I wasn't sure how it would go after last week's weird aberration, but I was 12st 8.75lb, which I shall round up to 12st 9lb. I haven't been 12st 9lb since March.
The conclusions I have reached are, that to lose weight, I need:
- To track points 5 days out of 7
- Only one meal "out" - 2 courses
- Only half a bottle of wine/week
- Be "good" for the other 2 days
- Exercise for at least 3hours a week - running is best, needs to be for longer if I'm doing less intensive exercise
And this seems to have worked this week, and has finally gotten me away from that 12st 12lb plateau.
That said, I am not getting complacent and I won't believe it until I see a few more weeks of downwards movement.
The other Whoot! is that as a result I am today wearing one of the new suits that I bought, back in March, that I never wore because I couldn't fit into it comfortably. It's a little on the snug side, but it's not cutting in at all.
For Hubby, who has eaten out a few more times than me, and has done no exercise, but has been consciously making more sensible food choices at lunchtime in his canteen, well, he's lost another 2lb and is only 3lb away from 12st.
I dream of the day when I actually weigh less than him!!
It's all good, people!
1 comment:
Aw! You'll get there, honey! Just keep doing what you're doing...sounds like you've broken through to some new ground.
But...only 1/2 bottle wine/week? HowEVER will we survive??
Post a Comment