There was a degree of self control exercised yesterday - after the two (smallish) slices of cake that I had, someone rolled out birthday cake and I wasn't even tempted.
Then, really really not wanting to go to the gym but knowing that I'd kick myself if I didn't, I went.
And I did an 11k run in 58:38. Which in my book, is pretty damn good. I'm still doing the interval training, which means a bit of hanging onto the rails for dear life for bits of the fast legs, but for the most part I was relatively comfortable.
I was over my points yesterday, I am sure, but dinner was a WW quiche with veggies and a fromage frais for pud, so pretty low in points to try and scrape something back.
I am down again today, but will see how the official weigh in tomorrow goes - I'm certainly hoping to be way under 12st 12lb as I was last week!
I am planning on doing the gym again tonight - maybe not a long run, but a shorter one and then some arm bike or weights or something.
I caught up with Biggest Loser last night, and it was the episode where they were all forced to eat take out all week. And had to contend with not getting what they had ordered and then having the willpower to not eat what they shouldn't. I think it was a good test at that point in their journey - the problem is later on when they are nearer goal weights and start thinking "I look great, one treat out won't hurt!".
It did depress me slightly that Bob and Jillian were saying that they eat out a lot, but EVERY TIME they do, they are always making the right food choices - sometimes you want to know that they can just cut loose once in a while and still be fit, slim and healthy. You don't want to hear that you have to be saintly ALL the time, because of the phenomenal amount of effort that it takes to exert that will power.
Anyhoo, we shall see what the scales say yesterday, but the munchees attack seems to have left me now, and in the meantime, Hubby and I are planning our vacations for next year - whoot!
In other news, I had a big of good news last night - a small windfall coming our way - karma for owning up to Dell about the duplicate laptop I reckon!! It's not a huge amount, but it's enough that I'm tempted to blow it all on an AMAZING trip to Australia/Japan/China... however, common sense prevails and so we're going to treat ourselves to a VERY nice meal out and overnight stay at the Waterside Inn in Bray, and put the rest in savings for when we need a bigger house...
5 comments:
ooo holiday planning already! What if you are pregnant by then???? :)
Shouldn't make any difference, can still fly and lie by a lake and sit in a car and walk around.
true - as long as you are less than 8 months!
I don't think that's physically possible seeing as we're not starting to try until December and we're planning holiday for June!!!
Wow. What a smart, practical thing to do with an unexpected financial windfall. I think Suzy Orman would be proud of you!
Post a Comment