Tuesday, August 10, 2010

So tired...

I don't know what's up with me at the moment, I'm just feeling really achy and tired. I find it hard to think that the 2 runs 2 days in a row would have wiped me out this badly - and I am so frustrated at my lack of consistency. I used to be able to run 20-30 miles a week and now I can barely run 20km. I just can't seem to get back to the fitness levels I had a couple of years ago, and at this rate, I doubt I'll ever be able to get fit enough for a half marathon again.

When I do go to the gym, it seems to completely exhaust me. My legs are tired and sore today and yesterday I only managed a pathetic 6k run. To make my exercise time up, I did 30mins on the arm bike as well.

Dinner was rubbish last night too - Hubby didn't get home til really late, so I ended up having the rest of some cous cous salad (very healthy though) and some strawberries and 4 light cream crackers - that's a good supper!!!

On the plus side, I am the same weight this morning as I was on Thursday and don't appear to have suffered the usual weekend spike, so hopefully will be on for a loss on weigh in day on Thursday - I shall get in one more run by then.

Today is going to be another quiet day at work - I'm just waiting for three briefs to land on me, so I don't really want to take anything else major on before then, which has meant a couple of days of twiddling my thumbs really.

I've been investigating bulk buying some Coconut Water. It's cheapest to buy in 1L cartons, but I am wondering if I'd actually get through 1L within the post opening window, and therefore it might be better to get the 330ml cartons.

I think I'm going to try and drink a lot of it while we're on hols - it's supposed to be good for hydration and metabolism - and I think I'll need both!

Am also considering getting some Vitamin B12 - that's supposed to be good for energy levels.

No comments: