Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Tired

I feel really tired at the moment. For some reason climbing up and down the stairs yesterday made my thighs feel really stiff. It's not like I was running up and down them!

Anyway, I dragged my patootie to the gym and did 10k in 53:14 which I am really pleased about, but in hindsight, I probably could have slowed it down a little and maybe pushed out another km or so.

My right knee is giving me gyp again. Usually the pain eases off after a while, but not last night, so I had to call it a night at 10k.

I had been planning on giving myself a solid 4 weeks off during holiday and the week after, but if I am to hit my target, I need to run that 4th week. I just hope I don't lose too much fitness while we're away - I don't think I will as we'll be doing lots of walking around.

Tonight I am playing Softball in our Marketing vs. Trading tourney. This is the second game although I didn't play the first time when we apparently whupped Trading. I have my Red Sox t-shirt all ready.

The headache eventually subsided yesterday - strangely the run indoors seemed to have helped. It's been nice this morning so far not to have a headache.

I feel really sleepy and somewhat dazed though - I slept right up to the alarm but had some weird dreams along the way.

I got some more scores for my Breakfast Bars after I left last night. Not good. 2 6's, a 7 and a 5. :0( My pride is somewhat wounded.

Weather is pretty rubbish here - lovely and warm and sunny yesterday, but back to overcast and threatening to rain today - suspect we're going to start hearing quotes about "wettest August on record" before too long.

Anyhoo - have a great day everyone!

No comments: