So, I finally managed to call one of our key intended suppliers today. It was a short phone call.
We have been rejected as customers due to company policy not to supply internet only companies. This is the reason that I had no response to my many emails, and was rejected from my registration on their website. A simple email response would have done.
I asked if there were any exceptions. But was told no. It was company policy.
We were in Cirencester on Saturday - there were 3 shops along the same sort of lines that we want to do, all doing good business. Maybe a shop is the answer. But that would take big cash commitment, and we'd lose one salary. It's a big commitment, and a big gamble.
My thoughts are to strive ahead with the internet only shop, demonstrate that we can make that profitable within 2 years, and then we'll have some experience and evidence to take to the bank for a loan to finance a bricks and mortar shop.
I am going to email all of our potential suppliers just to confirm that they are happy to supply internet only shops - if they decide they aren't, we can kiss our business good bye for now. And put plans on hold for a few more years.
What a great way to start a Monday morning, hey?
1 comment:
Oh, I'm sorry honey. What a disappointment! I can't believe that someone can't see the benefit/forward thinking of an internet-only company!
Post a Comment