Thursday, March 4, 2010

Not getting much better

11 hour day yesterday. A quick "favour" ended up taking me 6 hours. And has apparently raised more questions. The crux of the problem is that they wanted me to do an analysis on performance because of a budget gap, so I duly did an analysis vs. last year and showed it to be one thing... but it turns out that they needed me to do a product by product analysis vs. the budget. Which I don't have access to. And is actually their job. They can track sales out vs. budget by pack. I can help set it into the context of the market.

They also keep trying to come back to blaming it on the snowy weather, and while this has undoubtedly had some impact, we can't quantify it in the way that they want me to be able to.

And then, to top it all off, I had my boss on the phone saying that we had to have an answer for them by Monday. Well, I told her that I have no idea what else to do. I have done what I can with the data that I have available. I have identified what the issue is vs. last year (although NOW I am told that I have focused too much on last year and need to focus on this year - so I use what, exactly, as a basis for comparison if not last year?)

This is a bad week. This is probably the worst week that I have had in a long time. I am stressed and tearful on a daily basis.

But then, I have been spoilt. I don't often have bad weeks. Which I guess makes the bad weeks seem all the worse.

Suck it up. Get on with it. Stop feeling sorry for myself.

1 comment:

Jen said...

It is okay to feel sorry for yourself. The issue is when we remain there for a long time.

I wish your work situation was better. Here's praying that your boss knows exactly what she wants and you have the data to give it to her.

BTW: Don't miss the giveaway on my blog!