Friday, March 19, 2010

A better day

Not focusing on the slightly crap meeting with my boss that was cut short because of a bomb scare... and we were all evacuated.

So aside from that - I was in the office at 6:30, and managed to get my presentation finished in time and managed to clear a couple of small jobs hanging over me as well, so yeeha! Anyway, the presentation went really well, there were a few questions but overall the audience were really pleased with it, it gave them enough information and there was some good discussion, but not too much to overwhelm them. Though I did notice one chap falling asleep, I have only sympathy for him as that's something I do all the time!

The evacuation happened at the same time as I was supposed to be having a meeting with one of my agencies, so we headed to a Coffee Shop and had the meeting there. It was really good - I gave them lots of ideas, and they gave me lots of ideas for ways to meet my objectives and engage with my stakeholders.

I took a look at the workplan that my boss wants me to build - it's going to be intense, and take up a chunk of time that personally I see as a bit of a waste, but she wants it, so she shall get it. Basically I have to take each objective, and work out the different tasks against each one. I then need to plot on a week by week basis what I am going to be doing and when. It's an immense job to do, especially as I often don't know what I'm going to be doing and when because the day job will get in the way, but there you go. It has to be done.

I left on time last night, whoot. Tried to be fresh for today, I have a 3 hour meeting this morning, and then another, probably emotional, 1-2-1 with my boss this avo - in preparation for the Influencing Skills course that I am doing next week.

Weight loss was not. It was a gain of half a lb, but given the week I've had, that's not too bad. However, I slipped into a dark place on Wednesday and ended up not eating dinner, or breakfast or lunch on Thursday. It scared me how easy it is for me to just not eat and feel like I am regaining some control on my life through that. Not a route I want to go down again, as I know all the trouble it brings and it would not be good for my life or my marriage... so yesterday I lifted myself out of it and ate some toast for dinner and am getting back on track today.

I'm going for a run tonight, and plan on running Sunday morning, Monday evening and Wednesday evening as well. So 4 runs - and we have only one meal out planned, but is a pre-birthday celebration for Hubby as I'm on the course on his actual birthday and not back til late.

Please answer my "Laughter" post from yesterday if you can - I know I have few readers, but I would appreciate it so much if you could join in. I meant to add the question:

"Who makes you laugh on a daily basis?" and I would have to say Kathryn, my Close to Home desk calendar and my husband...

Have a good weekend everyone!

No comments: