So - I was busy all weekend, and then out of the office yesterday, so no time for blogging. I am now all caught up on everyone's updates, and have time to post my own.
It was a great weekend.
On Saturday morning I got up at 6 and did a 13km run (I was awake at 5 anyway and figured that as I was already awake I might as well get it over and done with!). I then cleaned the sitting room and made a Key Lime Pie when my best friend arrived and we headed off to a really good mall to meet with another best friend.
I had a salad from Tossed for lunch, so pretty healthy.
I didn't do much shopping, but did buy some cheap stackable rings from Accessorise. The problem is that they are so cheap that one of the gemstones fell out within 24hours. I glued it back in, but now I'm thinking I'd like a proper set - but haven't found anything I like yet. Basically, it's 4 bands - I'd like all silver, and there are 2 with clear gems (I'd like zirconia as I doubt I could afford diamonds!), and there is one with pink gems and one with pale green gems. Any recommendations!?
When we got home, Hubby had baked bread and made the suet pastry for the pudding. We chilled for a bit and then served dinner:
Celeriac Remoulade with Parma Ham and homemade Sundried Tomato bread
Steak, Mushroom and Ale Pudding with roast potatoes and root veg (I just had the meat and gravy)
Key Lime Pie (made with light Condensed Milk)
On Sunday I had a bowl of porridge while everyone else had croissants. Then we went out for lunch and I had a trio of stuffed vegetables while everyone else had roast dinners etc. So I was pretty good. We didn't have pudding and I didn't have a starter either.
Yesterday I was in a team meeting all day, we had lunch at Pizza Express and I chose a Pollo Verdure salad (10pts), although I did have a couple of hot chocolates too. Anyway, I then went to the gym and really pushed myself to run 15km. This is the furthest that I have done in about 2 years, so I felt really proud of myself whilst also feeling nauseous!
I am trying my best to be healthy and keep the exercise going and not get disheartened by the lack of progress. Unfortunately I won't be able to weigh in this week as we'll be on our way to the In-Laws for the long weekend.
In other news I have been asked to be godmum to another best friend's (the 4th in our group) 3rd child. I am torn between being really honoured, and not being sure whether to accept as I have no religious beliefs and would describe myself as agnostic. However, as Hubby pointed out, it's more about morals and values and so I have accepted. I will still feel a bit hypocritical standing up in a church saying that I believe in God when I don't, but I've seen other people do that, and they haven't been struck down... and I did get married in a church after all.
Unfortunately, this and other baby conversations have set the hormones raging again, adn when I tried to bring it up with Hubby he seemed really cross that I was apparently changing my mind again... and he seems to really not want kids at all. I said that I felt that we couldn't even talk about it without him shutting down, and he said that he felt I had railroaded him into the decision NOT to have them... whereas he still doesn't want to rule it out completely, yet every time I raise it, he seems terrified at the mere suggestion.
We had a good heart to heart about my "blues", and I've realised that I need a new plan. And I need a life outside work, although I have no idea how I'm going to accomplish that without being shattered. He's going to have this new social life when he starts his new job, and part of me worries that I'm never going to see him. So, given that my passions in life are baking and home making - any ideas on what my new life plan should be?!
I'm still thinking around a shop and tea room - maybe in a couple of years when we can save more for refurb/fitting out costs etc. I'm also still really keen to build our own house, so I'm going to redouble my efforts to find us some land...
In the meantime, I shall continue to control my eating (try to!), go to the gym, and try not to be completely exhausted when I have some free time...
In other news, I'm really enjoying doing cross stitch, although I am finding I have to unpick my work from time to time as I've miscounted....
1 comment:
Okay, before I forget...I love those stacking rings. I also had some inexpensive ones where the stones fell out...so frustrating! I went to Macy's and found some middle-of-the-road (read: decent quality, fake stones) stackables. I wear two clear with one blue in the middle. I've gotten more compliments on it!
As for a life plan, that's a tough one. I think you need to experiment a little...maybe take a cooking class? Something you think you'd love...it might help your goal become clearer.
Post a Comment