Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Nearly the weekend!

Well folks, this one will be a good one. Hubby and I are packing our bags and heading to Geneva to see friends, and attend the Motorshow - sadly I think JT has moved on, although he was there when it opened. Oh well.

My friend has sent me a shopping list: mushy peas, Vanish sticks and Cross stitch magazines. Yes, slightly diverse, I'll agree. Vanish appear to be moving away from the stick product though, so we had to try a few superstores to track some down, but mission accomplished. I was amazed to find that there are 3 options for mushy peas in my local supermarket. I went for the mid-priced ones. I probably should have gotten one of each type.

Anyhoo, I am trying to be organised and make sure that I can fit in some runs even though we'll be away - we fly lunchtime on Friday, so if I get up at 6:00 I can squeeze in a run before we go, and we get back at lunchtime on Monday so I can get a run in on Monday afternoon/evening. The problem with the longer distances is that they are harder to fit in, unfortunately, and Hubby and I are now finding that more and more of our evenings are being used up.

I typically get to the gym for 5, and get back from the gym at around 7:15ish, which means we're now not eating dinner til nearly 8:00, and when you're like me and you start thinking about bed at 9:00, it doesn't leave a whole lot of free time for doing something nice.

Oh well. Roll on the weekend - when I shall do my utmost to avoid the temptations of cheese and chocolate.

In the meantime, I am hoping for a good weight loss this week, although the increased distances are also playing havoc with my food calculations; I'm probably not eating enough, but I simply haven't got the energy to do the required planning in order to still lose weight so I am tending to come in slightly under my regular points, and still using my bonus points (now up to about 33 a week) to cover the weekend excesses. It's not really helping in the steady weight loss fight, but I need to settle down into the distances that I'm doing, and get used to the new routine before I start trying to mess around with lunches and dinners etc.

No comments: