Monday, March 15, 2010

Fun in the land of cheese and chocolate

Well, the diet this week is screwed. After a gut wrenchingly disappointing no loss last week despite my best attempts, and absolutely no understanding of how I can have stayed the same when my home scales reported a 2lb loss, we departed on Friday for a weekend with friends in Switzerland.

Dutifully, I did get up at 6:15 and go out for a 13km run before we left, so at least I had some bonus points in the bag. Sadly, there, the goodness did end.

It started going downhill when we got there and had cheese and ham sandwiches for lunch with a teeny bit of salad. Followed by chocolate brownies. Then we lazed around and caught up and then had dinner. Which was chicken, stuffed with garlic soft cheese, wrapped in parma ham, and baked in a creamy cheesy and raisin sauce. With rice and a teeny amount of salad. I had as much salad as I could without depriving the others. We then had more brownies. And chocolate.

On Saturday, we had croissants and pain au chocolat, and then headed off to the car show. It was packed. We saw what we wanted to see and then caught the train back to central Geneva and stopped off at our favourite grocery store, Manor for a nice aubergine tart (hoorah, some veggies) and a pastry.

We got back, chilled out, and then had dinner. Which was cheese fondue. With only bread for dipping, no tomatoes or carrots, or apple or celery or anything vaguely resembling vegetation. Except more salad, but not a lot of it. Dessert was flan. And brownies (my fault, I baked them to take with us...)

Sunday was again breakfast of croissants and pain au chocolat. We went off to a French market, but only had a while to potter around to get back. We had lunch - vegetable soup with more bread, cheese and ham.

Sunday dinner was chicken with mushrooms and leeks in a very creamy cheesey sauce with pasta... followed by flan or brownies.

I'm not complaining as it was all lovely, but I ate soooo much and haven't had any proper vegetables in days. So now I am trying to psych myself up to go to the gym and try and work some of it off. I am also planning a diet almost entirely of vegetables for the next 3 days before weigh in, but I'm telling you now. It's not going to be pretty.

No comments: