Thursday, March 18, 2010

Laughter is the best medicine

Well, it was 7:40 when I left my desk last night, and I was back at it again at 6:35 this morning.

So, in an attempt to lighten the mood, I am going to pose and answer several questions relating to laughter - feel free to answer the questions yourselves:
  1. What joke really makes you laugh hard?
    There are a few, but typically I can't remember at the moment so I may have to come back to this one!
  2. Who has the ability to reduce you to tears of laughter?
    My sister - usually when my mum is trying to tell a joke and forgets herself half way through or gives the wrong punchline.
  3. What joke has someone told you that you just don't get?
    Again, I might have to come back to this one!
  4. What do you laugh at that you really shouldn't?
    There was once this girl coming down a slope towards the external doors on those wheeled shoes. Unfortunately by the doors, there were mats laid, as she hit the mats, she flew forward. Luckily the automatic doors opened in time to let her fly through them. I'm sorry, but I just couldn't stop laughing!
  5. Show us something that makes you laugh without fail:
    I had a fantastic clip saved (or so I thought) but I can't find it. It was of two guys and their girlfriends who walk past each other and one of the men bumps into the other guy's girlfriend. The other guy then proceeds to slap the other's girlfriend and it escalates into these two guys slapping each other's girlfriends. It's hilarious. I tried Googling for it, but ended up with some REALLY dubious results! In the meantime, this falls into a similar vein as the question above:

Well, I hope that has helped lift the mood on a Thursday a bit. I shall have to try and think of what those jokes are, and maybe add some more questions if I get time today.

Have a good day now!

2 comments:

Sarahf said...

1. Ah, put on the spot, I can't think of one.
2. My brother. We always seem to destroy civilised family meals with inappropriately timed laughter.
3. So many, the older I get the dopier I get!
4. When my students inadvertently say something rude without meaning to. Mispronouncing "cook" for "cock" always makes me laugh in a really childish way.

5. I can't show you, but I recommend the first half hour of the Chris Moyles show on Radio 1. Childish but very very funny.

Runnergirl said...

Isn't it funny how it seems to be siblings who can reduce us to tears of laughter (and of hurt!).

I love the Chris Moyles show - I usually catch the 7:15 bit for 20mins or so..