Sunday, February 28, 2010

Oh dear oh dear

So, all enthused with my weight loss, I was determined on Friday... until lunchtime. When I had an offsite meeting and had to pass time in Starbucks to get wifi connection. I had a skinny grande hot chocolate, no cream. And then a skinny blueberry muffin. Not too bad. Until we got into the meeting and I started craving chocolate. Really badly. And had a Yorkie and a small packet of Maltesers. Evil.

I got home after some drinkies with my team, and had Nick's leftover pizza - a relatively healthy one though, but still not good. And not needed really either.

On Saturday we had to get up earlyish and went to see friends. We had BLT's for lunch, and then went out in the afternoon and took cover from the rain in a coffee shop. Where I had Diet Coke, fine; but a triple chocolate chunk cookie. Or at least, most of one. The chocolate monster was unleashed! It doesn't get out much - I can go for months without and it doesn't bother me, but once in a while it just takes control.

Dinner was healthy with couscous and vegetables all chopped up together, I had one sausage, but that was all. We didn't have pudding either. So some sort of consolation.

Today has not started well - 2 slices of tiger bread, toasted, with full fat butter because we had run out of the low fat stuff. It will get better. We're going to do roast beef brisket for dinner and lots of vegetables.

I have to work too - I hate working on a Sunday. It blows.

2 comments:

Sarahf said...

It's those "killing time" moments that always get me too. Healthy meals are usually OK, but if I'm bored or have nothing particular to do, I find myself with a cookie or something. Weekends are terrible for diets, it's a fact. And working on a Sunday?! How awful!

kathryn said...

I agree with Sarahf....those idle moments tend to do me in as well. I'm also notorious for snacking when I have a cocktail...brings out the munchies in me!